• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Interesting Audio Problem

idenphones

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The wife and I usually wash the car by hand but with the weather getting a little too cold up here we decided to go through the local car wash.

Car came out very clean but as we drove off I noticed that the clicking sound from the turn signals was not there, but the signals worked, and the Harmon Kardon radio had gone on vacation.

Looking under the dash revealed nothing wrong from someones feet so we continued on our homeward drive.

After a stop at the grocery store, everything started to work again.

A few days, and many mud splashes later, we went back to the car wash.

As we exited the wash, same problem! Oviously something is getting wet but so far I have been unable to duplicate the problem with my trusty garden hose.

Obviously a trip to the dealer is in order. I can hardly wait to see the look on their faces when I explain this problem!

bobbyrab

Buick Ownership
'11 Regal T04 White/Auto/Cashmere
That is indeed weird; I guess the solution is to drive around in a dirty car!

Speaking of weird audio issues, here's another one for you - I have a 2011 T04 (Nav and HK audio) and I cannot seem to get JUST the navigation screen without one of the audio bands playing (AM, FM, XM, USB...). Is it not possible to have the Nav screen display without hearing any audio (obviously other than the turn by turn directions of the NAV voice)??

Detroit, USA
Keep me posted as well in regards to your progress at the dealer. I am interested to hear what they have to say. If you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Detroit, USA
bobbyrab,

I would also be willing to look into this for you. Please contact me with the last eight of your VIN and I will be able to do further research. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

idenphones

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Stopped by the dealer today and they will not be able to look at it for a few days so it will have to wait until we get to Florida.

We are headed to the Sunny south in a few days towing the Buick on a dolly behind the motorhome.

I sure hope that the warrenty works in Florida!

I did take a look down the firewall side below the windshield to see if a plug was unplugged but everything looked normal.

Not a huge deal but we will keep it dirty until then.:eek:

MaveRegal

Bowling Green, OH
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal To7
I recently experienced the same problem! I was not going through the car wash but I noticed that the Buick symbol was displayed on the Navigation screen and my turn signals weren't making any noise. I restarted the car and all was working again. I thought I was losing my mind.

Pedal Commander