• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Interesting read...

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
I was on my.buick.com looking in my account for some info, and under “Driving and Performance”, this article is listed. It does NOT say “if equipped” anywhere in it, so I’m taking it to mean it’s on all of ‘em. Someone know about this? Here’s a screenshot:
15790 1EBEAA59-B6B9-48FF-B6AE-FDF55936A835.png

e2m

Michigan
If TourX really has active rear steering, then it is not doing much. One of the big benefits of such systems is reduced turning circle, yet TourX still needs 40 feet to do a turn, which is rather unimpressive.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
If TourX really has active rear steering, then it is not doing much. One of the big benefits of such systems is reduced turning circle, yet TourX still needs 40 feet to do a turn, which is rather unimpressive.
note it says “high speeds”...wonder what Buick means by such...80+? 100+? :LOL:

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Just another example of GM's poorly run/organized website. Only the Cadillac CT6 has rear steering.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
GM, Duh!

Torque Vectoring,

Someone non technical must have watched the GKN animations.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
When I complained they did a special TSB for me. Had to settle for GMC wheels. 20190220_150814.jpg

Pathy01

Quadrasteer was a fantastic system, it's too bad they never really got enough customers to pay for it. I remember when I bought my 1500HD crew cab back in 2003, there was a $4000 Quadrasteer rebate that made it a low cost option for trucks sitting on the lots with it. It was fantastic in tight situations like U-turns, parking lots and backing up a trailer. Despite being 20 feet long, it had a slightly tighter turning circle than the TourX. Would have been nice if they did something to improve that on the Buick, even if it wasn't via rear steer.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
At high speeds? That's not the problem I need solved. I'd love anything in the Regal to help tight parking situations. The lack of front sensors in a car with a 41' turning circle is pretty painful. The rear ones work pretty well, so I'm backing in a lot more often than I did with more maneuverable cars.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
At high speeds? That's not the problem I need solved. I'd love anything in the Regal to help tight parking situations. The lack of front sensors in a car with a 41' turning circle is pretty painful. The rear ones work pretty well, so I'm backing in a lot more often than I did with more maneuverable cars.
Agreed - the turning circle makes me realize how much I took it for granted in other cars I’ve owned. I am lucky enough to have an indoor parking spot at work, albeit the garage is tight. It takes 3 swings to back it in (thanks to reverse sensors and camera) no matter how I approach it. Front sensors would be a huge help (or even a front camera as Opel has)...makes me wonder if the front ACC radar system could be further developed for low speed (<5 mph) use - even if it could provide a one dimensional reading across the front.

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!