• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Intro & OBD Scanner advice request

bobofthenorth

Buick Ownership
Allure
I'm actually a Ford owner - sorry. I took the GM cure in 1986 with a 6.2 but that's all long in the past. I do a little amateur wrenching and one of my customers is a 2006 Allure. I use Forscan on my Fords but so far I haven't been able to find anything similar for GM OBD access. Any suggestions?

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
I'm actually a Ford owner - sorry. I took the GM cure in 1986 with a 6.2 but that's all long in the past. I do a little amateur wrenching and one of my customers is a 2006 Allure. I use Forscan on my Fords but so far I haven't been able to find anything similar for GM OBD access. Any suggestions?
I just use a cheap one off of Amazon

bobofthenorth

Buick Ownership
Allure
I'm not opposed to paying something but its freebie service for a friend so I'm not interested in spending a lot, particularly when I can get pretty good functionality for my own vehicles for nothing. I've got a drawer full of ELM adapters which I'd sure like to use. One of them has been modified with some special Ford switch so its probably out but the rest of them should still be "virgin" Elms.

pete008

I am looking for a really good tool where one can do more than just pull superficial OBD codes.
I have heard of Tech2 and Tech3, something like GM GDS.

Anyone would know which is the best to get for newer cars?

Last edited:
Pedal Commander