• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

iPhone Ringer Volume Automatically Lowers to Minimum

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
When I first got my Tour X (April 2018 build) at the end of March, I posted a list of "oddities" I'd noticed early on one of which was that every time I start up the Tour X with my iPhone 6 on me (which is always), the ringer volume on the iPhone magically lowers itself to the minimum setting which is where it stays until I manually raise it again. One person responded to my original post and said "mine does that too" but I was hoping someone has a solution OR perhaps has a newer iPhone that doesn't do this. Your feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated! I do have the latest iOS on the phone and all updates.

trflesher

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback
I assume you're connecting your iPhone via bluetooth? I'm only speculating since I have an android device paired to my Regal ... but I have seen cases where when bluetooth pairing happens, it "remembers" or sets a volume consistently with that paired set of devices. For example, on my android and Bose speaker at home .. even if I had my "media" or music volume up full blast when not connected to blue tooth .. it would lower it to a previously known volume when connected again to the Bose. Again, I'm just speculating, but I've seen similar behavior. What I can't answer; unfortunately, is how you tell it a different volume to default to, or not to auto-adjust. Hopefully someone else has experience with that.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
Yes - this is strictly a bluetooth connection to the iPhone and I am 99% sure that when it was originally paired, the ringer volume on the phone was set to the highest setting. Maybe this is just another example of the Android based infotainment system not "playing well" with Apple products.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Yours is working correct. If you get a call while in car, you will still hear it loud. Once you get out of car, your phone ringer goes back to your original setting.

At least that’s how it works with my iPhone 5s and my iPhone 5.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
My phone ringer does NOT go back to the original setting when I get out of the car. That is the problem. It always defaults to the lowest possible ringer volume and I have to manually reset it back to the loudest ringer volume setting.