Is anybody excited about the Buick Cascada?

Are you excited about the Buick Cascada?

• Yup

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Nope

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

ZoomZoom Diva

5.7L LS1 Member
Apple Valley, MN
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS "Bruce"
Not really. I think they should have waited for a refresh or redesign where the interior would have been upgraded and perhaps bought more time to bring in more Buick-like styling cues.

FWMD_83

Nashville, TN
Buick Ownership
1995 Roadmaster Sdn "Lula", 1989 Buick Regal (RIP)
Too much Opel, not enough Buick.

9phil9

Buick Ownership
Buick
**Yawn** A Buick you say?
For a moment there, I thought it was the new Chrysler Sebring.

I think Buick screwed up once again in doing this unwanted thing, instead of giving us the New Riviera, that was teased way too many times.
(Yes, I know, the gull wing doors were a stupid idea. Blah,blah, blah.)

But the rest of the car was very do-able, and if it came with the V6 Hybrid, it would have been a real winner in the showroom.
Oh well,...JAC. (Just another convertible) **Yawn**

I wondered what the marketing department was smoking all this time, in order to justify their jobs, and this is all the better they could come up with?
Another 4 banger convertible.
Just what the world needs.

snowyrenday

Buick Ownership
Buick
Nope the solstice was enough of whatever that car is.

gpartrid

Buick Newbie
N. VA
I'm definitely excited about the Cascada making it to the U.S. and will probably trade my Camaro Convertible in toward one. However, it definitely will not be the 1st U.S. model year in hopes that they'll fit a slightly more powerful 4 cylinder engine and offer more colors.

This car has been on the market for the past 2-3 years in Europe and elsewhere and they're being offered in a burgundy, light blue and metallic light / lime green. As of now, there will only be 4 -5 colors offered in the U.S. for the 1st MY. That MUST change! Other GM offers as many as 12(!) colors on some models such as the 2016 Camaro, Impala, et al.

bobmar46

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have mixed emotions.

For those of us who regularly buy convertibles, this will be the most reasonable priced one on the market with comparable equipment, a somewhat usable back seat, a usable trunk and front wheel drive. Front wheel drive is important for those of us in northern climates who will not consider rear wheel drive because of difficulty driving during the winter. 4 wheel drive is a potential solution to that but it adds to cost and complexity. Those are all positives.

There are some negatives, though. There are a couple of things not included or even available on the Premium model that I do not like. The first is lack of a blind spot monitor being standard or at least available on any of the trim levels. We have it on one of our two cars and view it as one of the all-time best safety enhancements available based on normal day to day driving. I really did not want to consider another car without that feature.

Another is lack of push button start with true hands free entry without having to fish the fob out of the pocket. Preproduction pictures show a conventional key and there is mention of folding key. While the pictures are pre-production the copy on the Buick web site would be more current and would say if that was one of the features. This is one of many things you can get spoiled by on other cars that causes you to want it on a new one. That is particularly the case on this during the winter in northern climates.

Then there is the center of the dash.

buttons.jpg

It looks like a total of 38 buttons and 4 knobs. That has to set a new record and that is not a good record to set. Most manufacturers have moved to only the most frequently used functions to have buttons. It is handy to have some functions controlled by buttons, but when there are so many it becomes difficult to find the right one.

oldteach

Buick Ownership
Buick
Having just test driven it, I did it for fun and to compare it to the new Lacrosse. There really was no comparision in fit and finish between the two ( looked like it wasn't even made by the same company), and the Buick also had many more features....at a $37,000 (Cascada) to $40,000(Lacrosse) cost difference. I honestly also did it to experience what a sports suspension with 20 inch wheels felt like. I have a friend who drove to the Outer Banks from Northern Delaware in her husband's few year old Corvette last summer, and all she talked about was how difficult it was on her because of the sports suspension ride. I can not express enough to be sure to test drive this new convertable on some roads in need of repair before signing on the dotted line. Yea, it was pretty hard on the bumps.....but some people seem to like that, I guess. Very nice to see Buick making a convertable again, though.

mnmjackson

Macomb, IL
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore Premium
If I had the extra money lying around, I would probably look at this. I already like the new Envision and will probably update to that from my Encore, but the Cascada would be fun to tool around in during the summer at the lake!

Mike

bobmar46

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Having just test driven it, I did it for fun and to compare it to the new Lacrosse. There really was no comparision in fit and finish between the two ( looked like it wasn't even made by the same company), and the Buick also had many more features....at a $37,000 (Cascada) to $40,000(Lacrosse) cost difference. I honestly also did it to experience what a sports suspension with 20 inch wheels felt like. I have a friend who drove to the Outer Banks from Northern Delaware in her husband's few year old Corvette last summer, and all she talked about was how difficult it was on her because of the sports suspension ride. I can not express enough to be sure to test drive this new convertable on some roads in need of repair before signing on the dotted line. Yea, it was pretty hard on the bumps.....but some people seem to like that, I guess. Very nice to see Buick making a convertable again, though.
Most German cars have stiff suspension. Certainly the 20" low profile tires will further contribute to that stiffness. The attraction is that usually handling is better. I doubt that many traditional Buick drivers will care about the improved handling. It is not likely any test ride would be driven aggressively enough that it would make a difference.

Sunnyvale Dave

Sunnyvale, CA
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I took my Encore in for service yesterday. There was a black Cascada on the showroom floor. There was no wow factor for me. The interior center stack reminded me of my Encore. The car kind of looked fat. I was disappointed.

mimico.encore

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick 2016 Encore Premium
looks like an Opel/Saturn Sky crossbreed...a bit too bland for my liking...not enough Buick cues...(no, not the portholes!)...a touch of early 2000's Acura on the front clip...plus, Cascada reminds me of the Cascades pulp and paper company...:sad:

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now

Retired now

Buick Newbie
Putnam Valley NY
Buick Ownership
Buick Cascada
I've seen exactly one since I got mine. It was pouring rain and I barely noticed it as I was wrapping up a 350 mile drive home from Virginia. I know many have been sold in my area (Hudson Valley NY). Nice that I don't actually see many though

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now

amessen

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am 6'10" tall and weigh in at 360 this car is a close to perfect as any I have driven. I have a Cadillac SRX and would drive the Cascada any time rather than the Caddy. it fits me well and is fun to drive. Comfort wise it is 10 times better than the Camaro convertible that I traded in. if I were going to ding it for anything it would be power a 1.4 liter engine is smaller than my motorcycle but I don't miss it much and it get great mileage. Just my thoughts

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.