• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Is it possible to swap cloth driver's seat for junkyard leather seat with different options?

Dspeed

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CX
Hello,

I just picked up a 2006 CX w/ 100k last month and have already changed front struts & control arms, and rear shocks (converted from air ride).

Car is in good condition except for cigarette burns on the cloth interior. The local junkyard has an 06 with the leather interior and if possible I'd love to throw those seats into mine... but there I'm not sure if this is possible easily... with different power seat options and possible heated/cooling seats, will I have to dig into wiring or should this plug and play?

Any help or insight appreciated!

Thanks,
D

Dspeed

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CX
Hello,

I just picked up a 2006 CX w/ 100k last month and have already changed front struts & control arms, and rear shocks (converted from air ride).

Car is in good condition except for cigarette burns on the cloth interior. The local junkyard has an 06 with the leather interior and if possible I'd love to throw those seats into mine... but there I'm not sure if this is possible easily... with different power seat options and possible heated/cooling seats, will I have to dig into wiring or should this plug and play?

Thanks,
D
Edit: should mention I dont car if heat/cooling works, but my car just has 2 way power seats and manual recline now. I see six wires going into seat harness, plus power to the seat motor. If the "new" seat has power recline, lumbar, etc, will this be the issue?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Not sure on the change over, but you will probably need the seat module for controls.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
There's a seat module that controls the addtional function which may be needed for the upgrade.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
It would be connected to the seat(s).

Bonze72

Buick Ownership
Lesabre
You're not going to be able to just plug-n-play a higher optioned seat in that car.
Hello,

Thanks,
D
You can skin them over to your current seats if you have the patience's to do it but you’ll probably need hog rings and the tool

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Here's the seats diagrams, providing you don't get heated or cooling seats or want memory, the rest of the funtions are installed in the seat and as long as the harness are a match at the connectors the funtions should remain.
0807314H14-044.png0810084H14-053.png

Pedal Commander