Is it possible to use a OEM HID assembly on a car that came with halogen lights?

Godzson

Aurora, IL
Buick Ownership
Buick
I want to try to find some HID adaptive headlights to replace my halogen assembly. Is that even possible to do this? I thought it was discussed before, but i couldnt find the thread so i may be wrong. Would it just be plug and play or does it require a whole different set of wiring? Thanks.

uxorious4u

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Do not waste your MONEY, It Cannot be done, I purchased the HID OEM for this car, GM will not release the firmware for the computer to consumers, if it did not come with the Car it Can't Be Done. You might however purchase a aftermarket HID Kit, Just make sure that whomever is doing the installation Knows what they are doing. CD

Godzson

Aurora, IL
Buick Ownership
Buick
Do not waste your MONEY, It Cannot be done, I purchased the HID OEM for this car, GM will not release the firmware for the computer to consumers, if it did not come with the Car it Can't Be Done. You might however purchase a aftermarket HID Kit, Just make sure that whomever is doing the installation Knows what they are doing. CD
Thank you!! Yeah i figured something had to be programed. I wish i would have payed attention to the headlights when i bought the car. Its no big deal tho. I just prefer the projectors. Maybe an aftermarket company will make us a set *crosses fingers*

Get your turbo buick badge right here!