• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Is Lucas Transmission Fix worth to try?

Simz

Buick Ownership
LeSabre Limited Edition
Aloha,

Buick lesabre 2005, started to slip if going to 2nd and to 3rd gear.
It is not everytime will slip when drive, i would say 50% slip, 50% smooth.

Just wondering if lucas transmission fix worth to try and hope will fix the slip or better just let it go? It has 172k miles.

Mahalo

Simz

Buick Ownership
LeSabre Limited Edition
I don't think fixes in a can fix anything but the snake oil company's finances. When was the last time it had a new filter and fluid?
I checked the fluid and the color is still great (pink ish). According to the paper record that the seller gave me, they changed the fluid and filter when the car was on 170k miles

torres7

Lincoln Nebraska
Buick Ownership
Buick RMW
You have to be careful about that, every time you put something in a transmission other than the recommended fluid you're at risk of clogging something and messing up the tranny even more.
If the fluid is good and doesn't smell burnt, It could be that a shift solenoid is getting stuck.

Pedal Commander