• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Is the seat leather real?

BennoB66

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
I have leather seats in my Tourx. Is this real leather or man made? I ask as a lot if the German cars have synthetic which looks like leather.

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
It feels leatherish. My 06 Pontiac has leather seats that are way more supple than my TourX, but they’re 13 years older, too. I’m gonna go with yes, they’re leather, but the cows may or may not have been synthetic

BennoB66

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
It feels leatherish. My 06 Pontiac has leather seats that are way more supple than my TourX, but they’re 13 years older, too. I’m gonna go with yes, they’re leather, but the cows may or may not have been synthetic
Yes Well it seems that the low and mid prices BMW Mercedes and Audi all have fake leather due to wanting to be kind to animals and not use their skins for seats. Also the cost of the leather would be a lot to cover the seats. I have yet to find a definitive answer.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I believe the flat sections of the seat are leather, once you get to bolsters or sides it is pleather.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
My understanding is that all seating surfaces are leather. In this car the leather is tough and not supple at all. So you can feel the difference between the leather and pleather.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I believe my seats are real cloth.
They feel much nicer then the thin, slick, pleather.
Going to be real sheepskin, when my Buick seatback organizers come in.

BennoB66

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
My understanding is that all seating surfaces are leather. In this car the leather is tough and not supple at all. So you can feel the difference between the leather and pleather.
Yes well if it was soft and supple it would not be resistant to splitting and tearing. It needs to be like it is to last and not crack.

BennoB66

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
I believe my seats are real cloth.
They feel much nicer then the thin, slick, pleather.
Going to be real sheepskin, when my Buick seatback organizers come in.
Yes and I think your cloth seats will last longer too. Are your cloth seats heated?

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Just looking at the seats now...I was slightly off. The real leather extends up the bolters to the contrast stitching. Outside that you can feel the difference and that is the game stuff.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
The seats are "Leather-Appointed".

Screenshot_20191106-141835.png

landsharkmz3

Most "leather" seats these days are not leather at all. Most of them are a special PVC molded with leather texture and then painted with many many layers.

If you scratch it with your finger nail and it doesn't change color, its not leather.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Most "leather" seats these days are not leather at all. Most of them are a special PVC molded with leather texture and then painted with many many layers.

If you scratch it with your finger nail and it doesn't change color, its not leather.
It is P type leather. it is low quality leather with a printed finish.
I hope it at least wars well or it will be time for sheep skin.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
It is P type leather. it is low quality leather with a printed finish.
I hope it at least wars well or it will be time for sheep skin.
If I ever replaced the covers I think I’d do Katzkin if it wears out. I replaced the cloth in my Honda Element with their leather and it’s high quality and totally customizable and looks factory.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have been questioning this for a long time. Comparing to the previous generation of Regal, it really feels off and fake which reminds me of the Mercedes MB-Tex.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
If it ended up being as good as MB-Tex then I should have gotten it. (Says the guy with a wallet made of the vinyl they used for Cadillac roofs in the 1970s...)

I wish they'd be honest and offer us options like Naugahyde - the Nauga population has fully recovered in the past few decades and there's no need to keep them on the endangered list.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
The center of the seats are leather, side supports are faux leather. You can see the difference if you look closely to the stitches...actually to the holes, where the stitches are. You can clearly differentiate real leather texture there.

Pedal Commander