• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Is there a way to disable DIC messages?

stembridge

2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Every time I start the car, there are usually two or three messages that have to be cleared on the DIC before I can see the digital speed readout. These messages do not communicate anything of importance (e.g. "Parking Brake Disengaged" or similar) and I find them to be an annoying distraction just at the point I need to be paying close attention to what's going on outside the car as I pull away.

I don't see anything in the settings or listed in the user manual that offers a way to suppress these messages. Anyone figured out a way to do this?

es

stembridge

You said it, @Hinky ! The TourX must be running Windows Vista!

error-displaying-previous-error-funny-error-messages.jpg

es

landsharkmz3

The rear seat reminder is a newer piece of legislation. I am fine with that one. I do wish I could disable the ice warning. It’s almost 0 degrees out, I don’t need a reminder.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
2018.5 Regal TourX
"Ice possible". Gee thanks it's January.
I rented a RAV4 and it would wait to sound this alarm until I was moving. That meant every time I was just starting to get going and should focus on my surroundings, it would ding and try to steal my attention away. The ice alert in my BMW would give me a heart attack every time it went off while I was driving. Like, what's broken now? Oh it just dropped to 37 degrees outside, thanks.

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
2019 Regal TourX Essence
There's an ice alert?

Sincerely,
Southern California

More seriously, if you need to know the speed in the TourX while the alerts are up, there's a nice analog speedometer with a white or red needle right next to the LCD display.

landsharkmz3

There's an ice alert?

Sincerely,
Southern California

More seriously, if you need to know the speed in the TourX while the alerts are up, there's a nice analog speedometer with a white or red needle right next to the LCD display.
I just don’t like that it won’t go away ... like ever, until you push the button. Can’t use DIC for anything else until you hit the button.

myredcar

CT
2015 Lacrosse Leather 3.6
Funny this discussion should appear just now. We got a 2015 lacrosse for my wife about 2 weeks ago and she just complained to me last night how she is being assaulted with all these messages as she is trying to pull out of the driveway each day. Like, "keep your eye on the road" while she is trying to clear the message and back up. Yesterday, she also had the OnStar service phoning her at the same time to insist that she respond to their sales pitch. This is not a good way to win the heart of a woman who has been driving for 50+ years. So far, she is laughing about it but, I do not want to make this car the major topic of conversation at home. If anyone can find a way to eliminate these intrusions, please let me know.

jclin4

2019 TourX Essence
Our Volvos and VW got the cold weather alerts right: only a snowflake symbol lights up somewhere on the dashboard. No text or sound.

stembridge

Our Volvos and VW got the cold weather alerts right: only a snowflake symbol lights up somewhere on the dashboard. No text or sound.
My old '00 New Beetle did that - I had owned the car nearly a decade before I figured out that's what the snowflake meant! :D

es

kevjam79

Missouri
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
The reminder for the remembering your child can be turned off.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Red Needle TourX
My old '00 New Beetle did that - I had owned the car nearly a decade before I figured out that's what the snowflake meant! :D

es
This was telling you the engine wasn't up to operating temperature, since the MKIV New Beetles didn't have an analog temperature gauge like the Golf/Jetta.

rjw

2019 Regal Sportback
Yeah, I also get the "Keep your eyes on the road..." message every 2 weeks or so. Gee guys, thanks for diverting my eyes FROM the road just to read your dumbass message, that was so helpful!

stembridge

This was telling you the engine wasn't up to operating temperature, since the MKIV New Beetles didn't have an analog temperature gauge like the Golf/Jetta.
I'm almost 100% sure the snowflake was the "icy conditions" warning, not "the engine's warm." It would display at odd times well after the engine was warm (I live in the Middle West, so it gets cold here).

es

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Red Needle TourX
I'm almost 100% sure the snowflake was the "icy conditions" warning, not "the engine's warm." It would display at odd times well after the engine was warm (I live in the Middle West, so it gets cold here).

es
Maybe. The TDI cars the snowflake meant you weren't up to operating temp. It's easy to get my temp gauge to drop in the winter with my fan speed set on 1 if I'm idling my TDI, so I wouldn't be surprised if the light came on because your engine temp dipped. I'm also in the polar vortex.

The analog gauge wasn't any better. When it shows 190, you're actually only still running 165.

Anyway... darn those pesky DIC messages...

Turbo Buick Badge