• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Is this a good deal?

kopek

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and not a Buick owner yet but hopefully that will change soon. The local dealer has two 2018 TourX's on the lot, both the Preferred trim.:
1. Silver; 1,600 miles; sun/moonroof; price $28,716
2. Red; 4,900 miles; price 27,349
Both cars have some additional package with Bose sound system, parking assist, blind spot detector (and maybe other that I am not aware of), but except the sun/moonroof they are identical. Both cars were new on the lot, have been sitting for a long time, have been driven only by the service manager, and they are sold as certified pre-owned. The sales guy said that they are motivated to sell, so they are willing to come down on the price.
Questions:
- what would be a good deal for either of these cars? how low should I try to push the negotiation?
- has anyone had any problems with leakage of the sun/moonroof? (I had a previous bad experience with a Ford and have been shying away from sunroofs since)
- availability of roof cross-bars? I did a quick search and it seems that they are very difficult to find.
- has anyone mounted a trailer hitch? I have a hitch mount bike rack that I use a lot.

I would really appreciate any input you guys might have.

Thank you.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and not a Buick owner yet but hopefully that will change soon. The local dealer has two 2018 TourX's on the lot, both the Preferred trim.:
1. Silver; 1,600 miles; sun/moonroof; price $28,716
2. Red; 4,900 miles; price 27,349
Both cars have some additional package with Bose sound system, parking assist, blind spot detector (and maybe other that I am not aware of), but except the sun/moonroof they are identical. Both cars were new on the lot, have been sitting for a long time, have been driven only by the service manager, and they are sold as certified pre-owned. The sales guy said that they are motivated to sell, so they are willing to come down on the price.
Questions:
- what would be a good deal for either of these cars? how low should I try to push the negotiation?
- has anyone had any problems with leakage of the sun/moonroof? (I had a previous bad experience with a Ford and have been shying away from sunroofs since)
- availability of roof cross-bars? I did a quick search and it seems that they are very difficult to find.
- has anyone mounted a trailer hitch? I have a hitch mount bike rack that I use a lot.

I would really appreciate any input you guys might have.

Thank you.
  • Deals are kind of what you're comfortable with, but they have room to come down on those prices. I would work on them a little if they are truly motivated.
  • No problems with leaks from my moonroof here. Folks have had issues with the shade shredding itself, though. That would be covered under warranty for a bit in case you were worried.
  • I have Thule crossbars. They are available in the US now and easy to get your hands on, unlike in 2018 where I had to tap the European market.
  • Multiple folks have done that here if you browse around a bit. The currently available aftermarket hitches are low to the ground, but some folks have had custom units installed as well.
Welcome! Hope you can snag one of those cars for a song.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
26k on my 2019, no moonroof leaks - while I really like it, it does concern me if I was to keep it long term (also haven't dropped anything onto it yet). Buick crossbars carry 1 small kayak just fine. Adding aftermarket tray-type mount for 1 bicycle works fine too. I haven't tried more than that, but could probably put both up there). I can open the rear hatch with either up there.

IMHO, I might go with no moonroof if planning to keep the car a long time. Although I'd pick silver over red. Either of those prices sound reasonable (depending on your geographic location), especially if they're willing to move a bit on that

skypilot170

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence DC1
Ive heard of buyers getting 18 Preferred for $22500.
Any where in between should be good. I paid $26k for 19 Essence DC1. 1st owner

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
No issues with my sunroof either and cross bars are plentiful. There are a lot of aftermarket versions people have picked up, I think some were around 40 bucks on Amazon. I also installed a hitch, the only sucky part is it drags going through transitions with some things attached.

I would question them why the car is being sold as certified pre-owned. It may vary by state, but this makes me think these were loaner cars not driven by the sales manager. If they were driven by the manager they tend to throw a temp plate on it and never actually register it. It sounds like the ones you are looking at were registered so they could use them as loaners. If that is the case I would expect them to be taking more off than what they would for a vehicle that is just sitting around.

If you decide to go with one of these I highly suggest you make them change the oil and the battery before you take it. Several people here have had the batteries fail since they sat for so long.

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
The prices look about $3k high given what many of us spent before COVID. My 2018.5 sat on a lot for almost 10 months. No sunroof leak problems, the OEM and aftermarket cross bars are easy to find. In addition to what @Wlepse said above - have them update the infotainment software and check the lower control arms (there is a TSB for replacement under warranty).

I did a 500 mile round trip this past weekend - the Tourx is a great road trip car. My mix of highway and country roads was just fun to drive.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
You may not have noticed, the LED headlights are great to have. It is night and day difference (Not literally).
If anyone of them has it, go for it.
My Essence has the LED’s and one thing I love about them is that they have “Cornering Lights” built in. Don’t know if Non LED’s have cornering lights.

stasek

Buick Ownership
‘18 TourX Red Needle
Last week, I picked up my ‘18 Preferred with aftermarket “leather” (not sure if real or leatherette - frankly don’t care), DC1, S&S, panoramic sunroof and OEM crossbars w/kayak attachments for $23k. Car had just under 15k miles on the odometer.
For reference, take a look at the MMR (Manheim Market Report) to see what they go for at the largest dealer auction.

Attachments

• 92E243DB-BA00-49C8-819F-268D98A9E23C.png
    92E243DB-BA00-49C8-819F-268D98A9E23C.png
    507.2 KB · Views: 17

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
My Essence has the LED’s and one thing I love about them is that they have “Cornering Lights” built in. Don’t know if Non LED’s have cornering lights.
I do not believe they are on the ones equipped with halogen headlamps.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Having a few miles on them is not a bad thing, as it sorts out a lemon. At 25k, good deal and you will feel good about the car and it helps you smile.

kopek

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Thank you all for your inputs. They have helped me decide, and also useful when negotiating with the dealership. I signed today for a 2018 Preferred, Rioja red, 5198 miles, S&S and DC #1 packages, LED headlights, floor and cargo mats included. Price was $23,750. I am picking it up on Tuesday.
The other Tourx was also a 2018, silver with sun/moonroof. Although I like the silver color better, I wasn't very fond of the sunroof and potential water leaking in as I plan to keep this car for the long term.

Attachments

• Rioja.jpg
    Rioja.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 12

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Thank you all for your inputs. They have helped me decide, and also useful when negotiating with the dealership. I signed today for a 2018 Preferred, Rioja red, 5198 miles, S&S and DC #1 packages, LED headlights, floor and cargo mats included. Price was $23,750. I am picking it up on Tuesday.
The other Tourx was also a 2018, silver with sun/moonroof. Although I like the silver color better, I wasn't very fond of the sunroof and potential water leaking in as I plan to keep this car for the long term.
Welcome to Rioja Red - congrats on picking an actual COLOR! :ROFLMAO: ;):rolleyes::vroom:

stasek

Buick Ownership
‘18 TourX Red Needle
About as good a deal as you can expect considering the current market conditions. Congrats!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!