Is this a good price for a TourX Preferred?

TourXer

Hello all,
I am in the process of negotiating with dealer via email on a TourX Preferred.
We live in Northern California.

MSRP window sticker price is $37,375.
Smoked Pearl Metallic
Driver Confidence Package #1
Sight and Sound Package
LPO, Cargo Tray
LPO, Cargo Area Organizer

They are offering it sale price of $27K. Out the door = $30.470. Sales person made it sound like they can go lower.
I'm thinking of asking for another $2,000 off? Is that reasonable?
Appreciate any input. Thank you.

Last edited:

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I would humbly make a few points:
1. The Essence trim comes standard with leather seats, a heated steering wheel, 40/20/40 split rear seat (nice for putting skis down the middle for example), rear seat release mechanisms (put the seat down while at the trunk), foot activated lift gate, and I dunno what else.
2. I paid $27,200- for my Essence trim, darkmoon blue, shale leather. NO packages. NO sunroof, but they did include the cargo tray matte and floor mattes (all weather). So perhaps that gives you a baseline.
3. The sights and sounds stereo upgrade may or may not be necessary. I don't have it, and I think the sound is terrific. Others have complained of sub-standard sounds. If you're an audiophile, maybe worthwhile. If not, perhaps not.
4. Get a mid-year updated car. Has, IMO, a nicer instrument cluster, and an updated infotainment system. They look VERY different. The 2019 cars include an air ionizer to remove odors. I don't know that the mid-year refresh cars have this, but I never notice exterior smells while in the car, so I suspect they do have them.
5. I dealt with Kevin Jackson at Robert Brogden Buick in Olathe, Kansas. It cost me $1,000 to ship the car to San Francisco. Took longer than I'd have liked, two weeks.

I love my car, I think its beautiful, its very capable, holds a ton of stuff, huge rear leg room.

Here's a car with the updated gauges/infotainment system, for $27,500: Vehicle Inventory | Robert Brogden Buick GMC Dealership | For Every Lifestyle

If you're near Oakland, CA and interested in seeing the car, I'd be happy to share. If not, good luck!

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Hello all,
I am in the process of negotiating with dealer via email on a TourX Preferred.
We live in Northern California.

MSRP window sticker price is $37,375.
Smoked Pearl Metallic
Sight and Sound Package
LPO, Cargo Tray
LPO, Cargo Area Organizer

They are offering me an out the door price of $30.470. Sales person made it sound like they can go lower.
I'm thinking of asking for another $2,000 off? Is that reasonable?
Appreciate any input. Thank you.
If you are interested in talking to the dealer who helped me, here's his email address: kjackson@brogdenauto.com
If you noted that you were referred by another customer, maybe he'd throw a buck or two in, I doubt it, but can't hurt to ask!

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
This was my deal on Dec 17th, so there were year end rebates and another 500 off for being a Costco member. I did not use GM Financial for the extra 750$ off

preferred trim
MSRP $37,160.00
Smoked Pearl Metallic
Sight and Sound Package
LPO wheel locks

Out the door for 23, 898.00 (I didn't attempt to beat them up much, it was clear they were not going to deal)

St. Louis here

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
This was my deal on Dec 17th, so there were year end rebates and another 500 off for being a Costco member. I did not use GM Financial for the extra 750$ off

preferred trim
MSRP $37,160.00
Smoked Pearl Metallic
Sight and Sound Package
LPO wheel locks

Out the door for 23, 898.00 (I didn't attempt to beat them up much, it was clear they were not going to deal)

St. Louis here
Sheesh, you just can't beat that. To get a car this nice, that looks as high end as it does, for practically Honda Civic money (is that Honda Civic money? I have no idea!), its absurd. How are these things not flying off the shelf right now?

TourXer

I would humbly make a few points:
1. The Essence trim comes standard with leather seats, a heated steering wheel, 40/20/40 split rear seat (nice for putting skis down the middle for example), rear seat release mechanisms (put the seat down while at the trunk), foot activated lift gate, and I dunno what else.
2. I paid $27,200- for my Essence trim, darkmoon blue, shale leather. NO packages. NO sunroof, but they did include the cargo tray matte and floor mattes (all weather). So perhaps that gives you a baseline.
3. The sights and sounds stereo upgrade may or may not be necessary. I don't have it, and I think the sound is terrific. Others have complained of sub-standard sounds. If you're an audiophile, maybe worthwhile. If not, perhaps not.
4. Get a mid-year updated car. Has, IMO, a nicer instrument cluster, and an updated infotainment system. They look VERY different. The 2019 cars include an air ionizer to remove odors. I don't know that the mid-year refresh cars have this, but I never notice exterior smells while in the car, so I suspect they do have them.
5. I dealt with Kevin Jackson at Robert Brogden Buick in Olathe, Kansas. It cost me $1,000 to ship the car to San Francisco. Took longer than I'd have liked, two weeks.

I love my car, I think its beautiful, its very capable, holds a ton of stuff, huge rear leg room.

Here's a car with the updated gauges/infotainment system, for $27,500: Vehicle Inventory | Robert Brogden Buick GMC Dealership | For Every Lifestyle

If you're near Oakland, CA and interested in seeing the car, I'd be happy to share. If not, good luck!
Was it $27,200 after tax/fees and 1k to ship?
Did your base Essence come with LED headlamps? That is a must for me.

They also offered me an silver Essence for about the same price but no confidence package 1.
Would this one better deal? Don't really want halogen headlamps.
Thanks

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

They also offered me an silver Essence for about the same price but no confidence package 1.
Thanks
No, I wish, I still have to register the things, which means I'm going to spend another, what, $3k? I dunno, something.
I didn't get the LED headlights. I have an Audi A6 Avant with fancy headlights, which failed, and were expensive to fix. So I didn't. SO, for myself, I just wanted a car that would be as trouble free as possible for the long haul. So no LED headlights, and no sunroof (I love the sunroom, but the sunroof on my Audi leaks, 10 years from now I want a dry car). But I may be just being a chicken! But I DO really think the Essence trim is a worthwhile step. But I ski, have kids, and am in construction. So the ability to drop just the middle bit down and stick something long through the middle was more important for me than perhaps for everybody else.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
You folks got some excellent pricing! If I could have waited I would have.

Essence trim with:
MSRP: $40,510

Out the door after tax, licensing, etc. for $37k even. This was back in July when these things were still pretty fresh.

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Thanks
Oh, and yes, it was $27,200 + registration/tax + $1,000 to ship.

TourXer

preferred trim
MSRP $37,160.00
Smoked Pearl Metallic
Sight and Sound Package
LPO wheel locks

St. Louis here
That is crazy good price.
Now I feel asking $2k more off their otd price doesn't sound unrealistic.

TourXer

Good deal or no?
Preffered trim with sight/sound and confidence package1.
For $30,470 or maybe less.
This is in California where car deals are harder to get unless you are getting a hybrid.

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
That's what I'm talking about(y)