Is this a memory seat module issue?

rodeman

Phoenix
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
In a previous post, http://www.buickforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20485, I talked about how bad my service experience with my dealership was. To start this post, I need to say I was wrong on something.

The tray, that sits under the arm wrest, was actually not broken like I thought. If you look at that tray, and the bottom of the armrest, there are two engagement points where the armrest connect. The passenger side does not have a tab for the hook to grab. I thought that part was broken and after looking at a new 2011 on the showroom floor, I noticed it wasn't. All of this could have been avoided if the dealership had told me it was like that normally. They thought I knew and I didn't so I thought they put/or missed replacing a broken part. My apologies all around on that and I made sure they knew when I was in getting my car yesterday.

On to my question though. The dealership did a software update on my nav system and all of a sudden, my drivers seat is moving back when I shut off the car. But, it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes it moves back, other times it doesn't. One time it moved back forward when I started the car or when my key was inside the cabin.

It never did this before the radio update and all my radio stations were gone & the time was wrong on the radio when I picked it up, so I looked through all the settings. The check mark is not on the option about the easy exit seating. But I'm wondering if there is some other setting that could be causing this.

If not, is this a memory seat module issue? I don't fully understand the seat module issue and I don't move my seat at all as I'm the only driver, my wife sticks to her car completely and avoids mine. But I've checked the easy access seat item, shut the car off, restarted, unchecked the box in hopes of the seat staying in place, but no luck. It just keeps having this intermittent movement.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
John

10 Lacrosse

Buick Ownership
Buick
Two vehicle personalization settings relate to the automatic movement of the driver’s seat, Driver Seat Easy Exit and Remote Recall. The problem with the early version of the Memory Seat Module causes these two features to function inconsistently. If you want the driver’s seat to always remain stationary, except when using the buttons on the side of the seat, try turning both of the above features off. If the seat still moves when getting into or out of the car, your next move would be to get the module replaced with the latest version, which I recommend if any case.

rodeman

Phoenix
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
Can anyone explain what remote recall is for with the car? I don't understand this function and it seems to cause other conflicts.

Thanks,
John

10 Lacrosse

Buick Ownership
Buick
Remote recall is a vehicle personalization menu feature item which, when turned on, provides for the automatic movement of the driver’s seat and side mirrors to a preprogrammed position for the respective FOB when entering the car (opening the driver’s door). No movement will occur if the seat and mirrors are already in the preprogrammed positions.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!