J.D. Power 2019 Customer Service Index (CSI) Study

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
2019 Customer Service Index (CSI) Study
Porsche is Highest-Ranked Luxury Brand for First Time; Buick Ranks Highest among Mass Market Brands

Porsche (893) ranks highest in satisfaction with dealer service among luxury brands for the first time in the study’s 38-year history. Lexus (881) ranks second, followed by Cadillac (880), Infiniti (878) and Mercedes-Benz (870).

Buick ranks highest in satisfaction with dealer service among mass market brands for a third consecutive year, with a score of 857. MINI ranks second (853), followed by Mitsubishi (846), Chevrolet (845), GMC (840) and Toyota (840).

The 2019 U.S. CSI Study is based on responses from 57,286 owners and lessees of 2016 to 2018 model-year vehicles. The study was fielded from October through December 2018.

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I'm one of those customers who only goes to the dealer for warranty work or the free oil changes etc. I'm fairly satisfied with them unless they want to charge me for any work. Then I'm usually dissatisfied because they charge too much. That's why after warranty, they will most likely never see me again.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
My dealer offered me a brand new $190 battery free under warranty, and also spent about 90 minutes updating my Infotainment software at no cost. I later found out that GM stopped paying for the ANDROID Auto update, hopefully they got some reimbursement. So far, so good with Buick dealer service!

Last edited:

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I only get free coffee and bottled water at my Buick dealership--another reason not to go after the free oil changes are complete, lol.
I get nothing at all and thought the free services and repairs were the only good thing lol

correction: they do have shuttle service

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Findlay Caddy would feed you lunch for free.
And 4 years free maint.
No more stripped Caddy 2.0T & brembos ...hated Cue, 30K was price of Chevy in 15...traded in on TourX. Was closest I could get to a RWD Pontiac.IMG_20180709_163515057.jpg

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
My first Buick service is today: control arms, speed limit signs, clock didn't change for DST and a paint defect. This is at the largest Buick-GMC dealer in my region (I'd assume it to be among the best if not the best by that dint) and often is the top-selling dealer nationwide. Just dropped off, had an excellent check-in experience. Waiting room is small but clean, with some muffins and coffee. We'll see how the fixes go, hopefully the same great experience.

I don't need a "bistro" (see below) but elbow room is appreciated. Not a dealbreaker for me as long as they fix my car right the first time, and reasonably so...which I see from their listed services they definitely are— "6-pack" of full synthetic (GM brand) oil changes for only $72.

I can go for a walk down the street if it's crowded/noisy inside during a wait-for-service visit. Or I often just bring my laptop and work in a showroom car when I'm at a dealer — always comfortable and nobody around, nor a blaring TV. This dealer gave me a loaner so they get points for that. Minus a few though because it's pretty filthy inside - dust, crumbs all over console, dash, seats, and mats, and mats are full of winter gravel, salt and dirt...it looks like Big Bird and family just turned it in after a cross-country road trip LOL.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I think Acura strives to set itself apart with their customer experience. My Acura dealer has a full, complimentary "bistro" smoothie and coffee bar (lattes, espressos) with paninis, snacks, etc. The caveat is that the food is mostly a mix of low-end and frozen microwaved stuff, but it's better than nothing. They also have a large, plush customer lounge + bar area with comfortable furniture, large TV for those who care, laptop plug-ins/lounge chairs with swing desks, etc. The check-in garage area is also very nice (tile floor vs painted cement), mongo spacious (4 bays wide and probably 8 cars deep) and feels lux. Loaners are always brand new, clean and fully gassed.

I figure I received about 25-26 free [full syn}] oil changes on my last car from them over 12 years of ownership at around $45-65 retail each. I'm a huge perfectionist (do what you say you're going to do; do it right the first time). The dealer wasn't perfect, especially in the sale part of the transaction (but who is?). Overall I'd still give that Acura dealer experience a 9/10 as I spent most of my interactions with the service staff. I didn't go there for everything, though, some stuff they just weren't competitive.

All that notwithstanding, I'm certainly great with the TourX and the [thus far] excellent Buick service experience and looking forward to the $12 oil changes after my freebies are up. That Acura dealer is no longer offering free lifetime oil changes, but it was good while it lasted!

Last edited:

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I have an excellent dealer and service advisor. It is very easy for me to make an appointment and maintenance is done quickly and inexpensively. My ‘13 GS has had very little wrong with it other than “wear and tear” items but several warranty issues were taken care of without discussion.
The CPO program is excellent- revised warranty is one of the best in the industry.
My gripe with GM is not their cars or their dealers but with their CEO who prefers China to the USA. Perhaps she should relocate.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Had an overall good service experience at my "new" (the one I didn't buy from but it's a bit closer) dealer. It took 2 full days for them to replace the lower control arms, and speed limit sign reflash. I'm guessing they were overbooked as others have said that service takes <3 hours. Next time I'll schedule service for a Monday, not Wednesday. My understanding is any GM dealer can do warranty work, etc. There's a Chevy dealer five minutes away. Will probably try them next time vs. driving 25 minutes to Buick dealer.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.