Jumped on a Regal TourX

RI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX (Essence)
Thread starter #1
Hi folks: Just wanted to say hello, since I'm new to this forum (and despite many cars over the last three decades) new to Buick. I just today picked up a TourX (Essence model, loaded, in White Frost Tricot). Wow, what a great ride!!! I lurked for a short while here before buying to learn as much as I can about the car; the advice and details I found were really helpful. My TourX is the first one I've seen anywhere on the road, lol. I'm stunned these aren't flying off dealer lots.... That said, I kinda like not seeing myself coming and going on the highway.
Attached, a couple of pix of the new car (they never look as good as on day one)! The red Edge Sport in the background is the old vehicle I traded in for the TourX.

Attachments

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx Preferred, Sport Red
Congrats! I picked up a Sport Red TourX (Preferred Trim) about 4 weeks ago and absolutely love it!

I haven't seen them anywhere besides dealerships, either. On second thought, I don't think I've even seen the Sportback model in the wild.

RI
Buick Ownership
Thread starter #5
On colors, I've seen reviewers go both ways in terms of what looks best. I started off as a big Rioja Red fan, but have gradually decided that white (or quicksilver) do a really nice job of showing off the TourX's lines. Much depends on how you feel about the plastic cladding around the wheel wells. A turn-off for me at first, I've also become a fan of the cladding, lol. The TourX is, in any color, an extremely handsome vehicle. Every person who's seen mine today, even those who aren't especially aware of nice auto design, have been impressed. FWIW. (I also REALLY like Sport Red. It's a very rare color.)

IL
Buick Ownership
none
Totally jealous, OP! That's probably the exact car I would like, although my timing would probably be more like next year. And I have to agree with you that it's nice not seeing your car everywhere.

I have seen exactly one TourX in the wild, and I'm pretty observant with cars.
I've not seen a single TourX on the road and have only seen one Sportback coming out of a neighborhood about a mile from my house.

RI
Buick Ownership
Thread starter #7
Hey, gobluetwo. So I shouldn't wax poetically about the smooth ride, the really awesome Bose sound system or the raves from friends who've seen the TourX? ;-) Day 2 and I'm a happy camper. I will say that 1) I wonder why Buick didn't at least make the turn signal stalk a little sturdier. It's feels flimsy, like I could break it off easily. And 2) I'm surprised the the Qi-based wireless charging may not work with my iPhone X. From this PDF on MyBuick, it seems like the answer is no, which surprises me. (Same with the iPhone 8.) I haven't tested it enough to be sure, so the jury is out. At least the note indicates next year's models WILL work with Apple phones, so that's one point for waiting for a '19.
That said, if these are the only two obvious issues at this point, I'm good with how things are going. And I DO love the smell of new car in the morning. :)
Attached, a couple more pix showing the Buick icon where you kick to open the rear of the vehicle. Kinda cool to see it in person.

Attachments

Buick Ownership
Buick
I also have a tourx.....best auto ever owned...certainly the quitest....wonder how come GM is only half-heartedly trying to sell these cars....NOONE has any idea of what the tourx is or who makes it.....trying to sell a station wagon is very tuff and without some very imaginative, aggresive adverting the tourx will go the way of the caddy and magnum wagons....To me it appears that they are being so penny wise and pound foolish!!!!

Buick Ownership
Buick
Congrats! I picked up a Sport Red TourX (Preferred Trim) about 4 weeks ago and absolutely love it!

I haven't seen them anywhere besides dealerships, either. On second thought, I don't think I've even seen the Sportback model in the wild.
And your are not going to see them unless GM throws more money Buick's way so they can advertise....this is GMs best kept secret!!!!

RI
Buick Ownership
Thread starter #11
I also have a tourx.....best auto ever owned...certainly the quitest....wonder how come GM is only half-heartedly trying to sell these cars....NOONE has any idea of what the tourx is or who makes it.....trying to sell a station wagon is very tuff and without some very imaginative, aggresive adverting the tourx will go the way of the caddy and magnum wagons....To me it appears that they are being so penny wise and pound foolish!!!!
I actually had a Dodge Magnum 12 years ago (loved the 5.7L Hemi). The TourX reminds me more of past Audis I've had; the German feel definitely comes through. I don't think I've ever seen an ad for the TourX. Shame. It's a real head-turner.

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now
Hi folks: Just wanted to say hello, since I'm new to this forum (and despite many cars over the last three decades) new to Buick. I just today picked up a TourX (Essence model, loaded, in White Frost Tricot). Wow, what a great ride!!! I lurked for a short while here before buying to learn as much as I can about the car; the advice and details I found were really helpful. My TourX is the first one I've seen anywhere on the road, lol. I'm stunned these aren't flying off dealer lots.... That said, I kinda like not seeing myself coming and going on the highway.
Attached, a couple of pix of the new car (they never look as good as on day one)! The red Edge Sport in the background is the old vehicle I traded in for the TourX.
Congratulations on your brand new Regal TourX! What did the Buick replace?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.