• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

K&N air filter

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Anyone dropped in a K&N 33-5049 in their 2.0 turbo filter box?
Some Malibu owners seem impressed with them.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
I did and I like it so far. No performance difference that I can feel, but it lasts forever. I replaced mine after 50k miles since I did not want to clean and oil it. It has a huge surface area compared to our stock filter that is surrounded by plastic.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I picked one up when Amazon had a sale on them, so it was barely more than an OEM filter. But I haven't noticed any changes to sound, MPG or performance. It might be slightly noisier when you really get on it, but that might be me hunting for a difference. If I were paying normal price I wouldn't bother since they have been proven to let more stuff pass, especially for you LJ because I thought you were in the Vegas area. I would want as much filtering of that sandy dust as possible, for me in NNJ it isn't very dusty so it is a calculated risk.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Paper filter has a standard 45K mile interval for changing. That means most people will change it once or maybe twice during typical ownership. Hard pass for me on K&N.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
For the 3.6L engine, neither K&N nor the OEM engine filter is currently available in Canada as far as I could work out, from online sellers like Amazon, Canadiantire or knfilters.ca themselves..

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
For the 3.6L engine, neither K&N nor the OEM engine filter is currently available in Canada as far as I could work out, from online sellers like Amazon, Canadiantire or knfilters.ca themselves..
Rock Auto ships to Canada. AC Delco Store on Amazon has them as well, but I don't know about shipping to Canada.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Appears 3.6 uses same K&N air filter as TourX, amazon does not ship to Canada?

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Appears 3.6 uses same K&N air filter as TourX, amazon does not ship to Canada?
3.6 Regal uses a different filter number than 2.0 Regal. 3.6 A3209C 2.0 A3210C (AC Delco numbers)

1qazwsx4

Buick Ownership
Regal 2018
Thought I'd chip in and say I've had the drop in filter then ended up installing the k&n warm air intake (yeah it's not a CAI) and I love it. Awesome induction noise but be prepared cause' people will think you also installed a BOV too 😂also installed an oil catch can coming off the PCV line that normally connects to the air intake. IMG_20210421_171633.jpg

lLePunisherl

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal gs 2019

That's the one your looking for.

lLePunisherl

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal gs 2019
K & N website application search shows same
33-5049 for Regal 2.0 TourX and 3.6 sportback
For the 3.6 it's the 33-5049 effectively

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115-114552.png
    Screenshot_20220115-114552.png
    504.5 KB · Views: 3

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
K & N website application search shows same
33-5049 for Regal 2.0 TourX and 3.6 sportback
It's interesting that the replacement paper filter folks and the OEM show 2 different filter numbers between the engines where K&N uses just 1. I've never seen the filters side by side to know what the differences might be.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It's interesting that the replacement paper filter folks and the OEM show 2 different filter numbers between the engines where K&N uses just 1. I've never seen the filters side by side to know what the differences might be.
Maybe more filter less plastic on ac delco for one or other?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners