Kenwood DDX595 Installed in my 2005 Lesabre it can be done

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LeSabre Custom
Bought A Kenwood DDX595 for the century I have but with me now preferring to drive the lesabre and the possibility of selling the century I wanted that radio in the lesabre but even though Crutchfields site said it would not fit even though I found out that the process for installing in the lesabre was pretty much the same both vehicle's the back plastic support had to be cut out. those of you wanting to do this with the ASWC 1 to keep your steering wheel controls the pink wire on the ASWC-1 goes to pins A-1 & A-2 the wire color for both wires in the gm connector is Purple or violet the one in A-2 is just bigger.the wires in the connector I used both was brown labeled remote there will be four other brown wires labeled the same they are not used. I could not find the pinout for the steering wheel controls for the lesabre ribbon coneector so I called crutchfield they gave me the info needed and below image the connector I used is what the link is for
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007KK29C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Amazon.com: SCOSCHE GM07B 2000-07 GM Ribbon Style Harness: Car Electronics
0427191856.jpg 0427191923.jpg ASWC1.PNG

Last edited:

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
That's pretty awesome. The lack of rear access and the Dock and Lock connector (unique to LeSabre, Aurora and Bonneville) present a challenge.

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
That's pretty awesome. The lack of rear access and the Dock and Lock connector (unique to LeSabre, Aurora and Bonneville) present a challenge.
yeah I would recommend to anyone doing this to anything other than a 2005 lesabre to check behind the back panel for the clearance before cutting it out. For this radio I only needed 3/8 of a inch more than was allowed without cutting back support there was well over that behind it but watch the wire-harness when doing so you do not want to cut it. Also the image I had showed the wire connect to have a green computer ribbon coming down to the connector my car the wire-harness was a standard round wire-harness and it came up to the connector that's snapped in back support also the radio antenna showed to be fixed in support as well but mine was not so I did not have to remove it from the support before cutting it out and the GM radio antenna adapter works great just like any other gm radio . And the 3 screw mounting plate that is on the century is on the lesabre even though the radio on the lesabre has clips and snaps in the the mount face is there just took the thread certs that was used in the century and moved them over to the lesabre since there was none in the lesabre holes. The only real problem I had was just trying to find the pin out for which wires in the GM harness was for the steering wheel controls and thanks to Crutchfield I got that taken care of in about 10 min

NOTE: 1- I do not know how that radio switched one because there is no switched hot in the connector you will have to run one from somewhere Me I found a switch hot both in acc and run position under steering-column in column wiring .harness

2- you will loose door chimes with the radio install all chimes are through the radio me I hated the chimes any way I had to latch the door latch while starting this just to shut the chime up

Last edited:

joshae86

Buick Ownership
2005 buick lesabre custom
hi thunderhawk09. i have a question about the radio instalation just to do with wiring . i am putting a kenwood double din as well. the only wiring you had to buy was that harness??

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
I purchased mine through Crutchfield so the ASWC-1 was added with what I purchased there the harness was the only other item needed yes
hi, thunderhawk09. I have a question about the radio installation just to do with wiring. I am putting a Kenwood double din as well. the only wiring you had to buy was that harness??

joshae86

Buick Ownership
2005 buick lesabre custom
Bought A Kenwood DDX595 for the century I have but with me now preferring to drive the lesabre and the possibility of selling the century I wanted that radio in the lesabre but even though Crutchfields site said it would not fit even though I found out that the process for installing in the lesabre was pretty much the same both vehicle's the back plastic support had to be cut out. those of you wanting to do this with the ASWC 1 to keep your steering wheel controls the pink wire on the ASWC-1 goes to pins A-1 & A-2 the wire color for both wires in the gm connector is Purple or violet the one in A-2 is just bigger.the wires in the connector I used both was brown labeled remote there will be four other brown wires labeled the same they are not used. I could not find the pinout for the steering wheel controls for the lesabre ribbon coneector so I called crutchfield they gave me the info needed and below image the connector I used is what the link is for
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007KK29C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Amazon.com: SCOSCHE GM07B 2000-07 GM Ribbon Style Harness: Car Electronics
View attachment 15375 View attachment 15376 View attachment 15377
I purchased mine through Crutchfield so the ASWC-1 was added with what I purchased there the harness was the only other item needed yes
Ok so all that other stuff you bought was to keep the steering wheel option for the radio? I don't care for the steering wheel option or the door chimes I just want to have the radio work right . and the car to not act weird.Thank you by the way!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!