• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Key Fob

Dwain

Buick Ownership
2021 Encore GX
Hi all. I just ordered a key fob to have a extra one. I'm curious to know if anyone here has programed one. The manual describes how it's do it but I wanted to know if anyone here had any tips. The way I understand it is if you have 2 remotes no problem but if you only have one then you have to go to the dealer to get it programed which means $$$.

Last edited:

Dave_0788

Encore Enthusiast
North East Jersey
Buick Ownership
2021 Buick Encore Essence GX ST AWD w/ 1.3L
WOW!!!! That's awesome. So the only thing is to get the key cut and that's pretty much it right?

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Dwain

Buick Ownership
2021 Encore GX
WOW!!!! That's awesome. So the only thing is to get the key cut and that's pretty much it right?
Hi Dave_0788. That's what I'm understanding. Also it's important to get the same FCC# that's inside the remote. Mine is HYQ4ES and Frequency: 433 Mhz

Dave_0788

Encore Enthusiast
North East Jersey
Buick Ownership
Hi Dave_0788. That's what I'm understanding. Also it's important to get the same FCC# that's inside the remote. Mine is HYQ4ES and Frequency: 433 Mhz
I looked at my remote and it also says HYQ4ES. Where do I find the frequency of it though?

Dwain

Buick Ownership
2021 Encore GX
I received the new remote today and programing it went well. I had a copy of page 10 from the owners manual with me. The remote arrived after the locksmith closed so will get the key cut Monday.

Dave_0788

Encore Enthusiast
North East Jersey
Buick Ownership
I received the new remote today and programing it went well. I had a copy of page 10 from the owners manual with me. The remote arrived after the locksmith closed so will get the key cut Monday.
NICE!!!! So programming went well without an issue? Thats a lot of money saved from having to go to the dealer.

Dwain

Buick Ownership
2021 Encore GX
NICE!!!! So programming went well without an issue? Thats a lot of money saved from having to go to the dealer.
Hi Dave. Yes programing was real easy. I have the manual online and just printed out page 10. (Could have used the print manual but the print is so small).:) I took the print out to the car and did the step by step instructions. Had a bit of sticker shock when I had the key cut. Charged me $20 claiming the equipment cost so much. Righttt. Anyway I have piece of mind knowing I have a back-up. I put away the original key and will use the replacement fob.

Dwain

Buick Ownership
2021 Encore GX
$20 is what I charge until my machine is paid for. I will then drop to $10. If I do a pair of keys I still charge $20 but for the pair. Easier once you're all set-up.
Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Tamiejo

Buick Ownership
Encore
Hi all. I just ordered a key fob to have a extra one. I'm curious to know if anyone here has programed one. The manual describes how it's do it but I wanted to know if anyone here had any tips. The way I understand it is if you have 2 remotes no problem but if you only have one then you have to go to the dealer to get it programed which means $$$.
I’m wondering the same thing. I lost my second set so I ordered a fob online just like the one I have but now I’m wondering how to program the new.

Tamiejo

Buick Ownership
Encore
I’m wondering if when I program my new fob myself will it mess up my original fob? The reason I bought a replacement is because I lost my second set and I like to have 2 at all times.

FiftysLost

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Buick 2021 Encore GX Select
Last edited:

Tamiejo

Buick Ownership
Encore