• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Key Stuck in Ignition

verano_ryder

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
:mad::mad::mad: please help i go to turn off my car 2012 Buick Verano and my key is currently stuck in the ignition i tried putting it in drive then proceeding to put it back in park, that didnt work. I turned the sterring wheel simultaneously turning the key back and that didnt help. please someone help Thanks In Advance

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Try setting the parking brake and see if the key will come out in any of the other gear positions.

Detroit, USA
Good evening Verano_Ryder,

My apologies for the late response on my behalf, I can certainly understand how frustrating it must be to have your key stuck in the ignition of your vehicle when you’re trying to get out. According to page 2-3 of your Owner’s Manual the key can become difficult to turn if there is debris build up, cleaning the key with a brush or pick can help for better use. Were you able to remove the key? If so, have you had any further complications since? If this concern persists, you may need to replace the key with your involved dealership, additional information can be found in your owner’s manual. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything else I can help you with. Either way, keep us all posted on the forum too!

Thanks,

Kayla K.
Buick Customer Care

:mad::mad::mad: please help i go to turn off my car 2012 Buick Verano and my key is currently stuck in the ignition i tried putting it in drive then proceeding to put it back in park, that didnt work. I turned the sterring wheel simultaneously turning the key back and that didnt help. please someone help Thanks In Advance

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
One suggestion is that it's a low battery or poor cable conection. If it won't start also, check the battery connections and/or get a jump / charge for the battery. See above for additional information, turn wheel, press brake, etc.

tashamanges32

Buick Ownership
Vereno
I'm having the same problem and I'm in kidney failure and I've been out in the heat trying to get my f****** key out of my car for 2 days