• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Keyfob not recognized

Buickruss

Buick Newbie
Indiana
Buick Ownership
2015 GS AWD 87 TType wife's cars. She lets me work on them
2015 GS has been showing the above message....also sometimes wont start car or unlock Doors.......dealer says the fobs arę bad and need to be Replaced.
I has battery tested to confirm its good. Recent new batteries in the fobs.......any others tests to do so we know for sure?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Did you test the key fob batteries with a volt meter? I read they are new.
Did the dealer actually test anything or just made that statement. Hard to believe both fobs would go at same time.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Did you tell them the second one doesnt work either and they still insisted both failed at the same time without checking the second one? Seems like you have to tell them you have grave doubts that they both failed simultaneously.

Buickruss

Buick Newbie
Indiana
Buick Ownership
2015 GS AWD 87 TType wife's cars. She lets me work on them
It does have the original battery. I had 2 parts stores check battery and charging system, both said batt was good

atomicbee

Southern California
Buick Ownership
2014 AWD PR 2
I have never changed my Key fob batteries since I purchased the car new in Dec 2013 BUT I did have key fob problems when the battery was acting up about 3-1/2 years after purchase. I got a new battery under warranty and magically the keys worked again. Below is some Buick owners Manuel information regarding Key fobs

If the transmitter battery is weak or if there is interference with the signal , the DIC may display NO REMOTE DETECTED or NO REMOTE KEY WAS DETECTED PLACE KEY IN TRANSMITTER POCKET THEN START YOUR VEHICLE when you try to start the vehicle. The REPLACE BATTERY IN REMOTE KEY message may also be displayed at this time.

Place the recognized transmitter(s) in the cupholder. The cupholder liner will need to be pulled out to access the transmitter pocket. 2. Insert the vehicle key of the new transmitter into the key lock cylinder located on the outside of the driver door and turn the key counterclockwise to the unlock position five times within 10 seconds. The Driver Information Center (DIC) displays READY FOR REMOTE #2, 3, 4 or 5.
3. Place the new transmitter into the transmitter pocket with the buttons facing up. The transmitter pocket is located inside the center console cupholder. 4. Press the ENGINE START/ STOP button. When the transmitter is learned, the DIC will show that it is ready to program the next transmitter. 5. Remove the transmitter from the transmitter pocket and press K. To program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 3–5. When all additional transmitters are programmed, press and hold the ignition for 12 seconds to exit programming mode. Reinstall the rubber cup liner

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
I recently found out that all brand of fob replacement batteries are not created equal as far as thickness! I had one fob fail, then the other getting weak. Replaced all batteries with new (same number) but different brand and both fobs failed! Come to find out, there is a difference in the thickness of the batteries between brands and the thinner ones (outsourced) would not work, or make contact with the printed circuit board in the fob. Do you know what brand were originally installed? If you can find that that info, get the same name brand!

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
I recently found out that all brand of fob replacement batteries are not created equal as far as thickness! I had one fob fail, then the other getting weak. Replaced all batteries with new (same number) but different brand and both fobs failed! Come to find out, there is a difference in the thickness of the batteries between brands and the thinner ones (outsourced) would not work, or make contact with the printed circuit board in the fob. Do you know what brand were originally installed? If you can find that that info, get the same name brand!
That’s great information to have. Sorry you had to find out the hard way but glad I don’t!

Pedal Commander