Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.
I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous and i was thinking of buying a keyless remote off ebay. My question is if i buy one off ebay is there a way that i will be able to program it my self and if so how? Thank You
I dunno the answer but it helps when you post on here to know someone does read it. check the owners manual and it may have instructions acording to the DVD it says you need the scan tool. also check with buick on the P/N of the transmitter used in your model year. otherwise it may not work even if it is the same lookin one good luck
I have a 2005 Terraza (regrettably) that I need programming instructions for. I have been searching everywhere to no avail. I've tried some of the programming instructions here and other places - also to no avail. Is this one truly a "stealer only" type system?
This method worked for programming the remotes on my 2002 buick rendezvous:
There's a manual method of programming keyless entry transmitters also. Make sure that you have all the transmitters you want to be able to use handy because the system will have to "learn" each one, even if they already worked before. If you have the memory seat/radio/mirror option you'll need to program the remote for 'driver 1' first, then 'driver 2', then up to 2 others. Here's how to do it:
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch to the unlock position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The body control module (BCM) will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry transmitter simultaneously for approximately 5 seconds . The BCM will sound two beeps in order to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed.
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode.
12. Verify the proper operation of each transmitter.
I have tried this and it and my late 2002 build Rendezvous does not go into programming mode. I have seen that I need to use 2003 programming instructions but having no luck there either. What has worked for others?