Lack of PS Armrest kills it

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
There is an aftermarket center console/armrest available. The only problem I see with it, is that it is too far back. It mounts behind the sliding compartment which is behind the shift lever. Otherwise it looks nice. Cost is about $ 120.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
There is an aftermarket console, that is wide enough for both driver and passenger. I may have mentioned this before. GM makes the same vehicle overseas, it is called an Opel Voxhaul Mokka. There are several aftermarket products for it, that are not found for the Encore. The only difference I am told, is the ornament on the grill and else where on the vehicle. Check it out. I commented that the armrest sits too far back. After looking at new photos of it, it does mount behind the sliding compartment behind the shift knob. It sticks out forward enough to be over this compartment, and it has storage inside of it.

Last edited:

cooperboy22

Buick Newbie
Buick
There is an aftermarket console, that is wide enough for both driver and passenger. I may have mentioned this before. GM makes the same vehicle overseas, it is called an Opel Voxhaul Mokka. There are several aftermarket products for it, that are not found for the Encore. The only difference I am told, is the ornament on the grill and else where on the vehicle. Check it out. I commented that the armrest sits too far back. After looking at new photos of it, it does mount behind the sliding compartment behind the shift knob. It sticks out forward enough to be over this compartment, and it has storage inside of it.
I just ordered this console in eco- brown to match the brown factory trim in my 2014 Encore Leather pkg fwd. I have the saddle leather, but the dash and factory console are a dark brown. They stated they would ship by Friday February 8th and would send tracking email. I am fairly confident that if it fits the Opel Mokka it should fit our Encore. After I get it mounted, I will post comments and pictures. Hope for the best!!

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
2018 TourX
We elbow each other less with the center arm rest in the Encore than we do in the Verano with a larger section area.

donniejt

Buick
We have had our Encore for seven months now. My wife does at miss the passenger arm rest at all. The other comforts more that make up for it.

cooperboy22

Buick Newbie
Buick
Can I assume the factory arm rest needs to go when the aftermarket is mounted?
It shouldn't. The Opel Mokka (pretty much the same identical car in Europe) has the same armrest but of course the driver's seat is on the right and not the left. This console is made for the Opel Mokka. It looks like the armrest will lower just about the console. I'll let you know when I get it in. I know I'm taking a chance that it won't work. Oh well.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
I have a 2014, same armrest setup as 2013. There is an aftermarket leather armrest made in Italy. It is actually a console that covers the sliding place for gadgets. Why couldn't Buick fix it, I do not know. I am the only one in my SUV so it isn't a problem for me. If I was the passenger I would howl like a gutshot panther !!

cooperboy22

Buick Newbie
Buick
Okay. I received my drivedesign armrest/console from Italy. It is actually made to fit the Opel Mokka, which is pretty much the same car. (look at pictures of the Opel Mokka). The armrest becomes the center console that we wish the factory would have put in. The finish is called Eco-brown to match the saddle brown leather interior of my 2014 Encore. It even has yellow stitching (optional) to match the yellow stitching present in my Encore. It is very comfortable when mounted and I especially like that it slides forward over the first cupholder when you want it to. I can really extend my arm out and relax when driving. Now for the bad. The instructions want you to mount it toward the rear of the factory console. That is totally impossible because of the driver side armrest. I had to mount it forward to not interfere with the unusable driver seat armrest. I like it much better anyway, as both driver and passenger can now use it comfortably. You gain no additional storage by doing this because the factory console is now pretty much unusable. You can still use it, but you have to work your hand around this new console to do so. Once you put it in place to see how it looks, you will put small scratches on the factory console. It can't be helped. Go ahead and mount it and the scratches are covered. I was pretty much committed at this point, as I had paid almost $200.00 after shipping. Price was 140 euros. Final thoughts: I like it. It serves my purpose. It actually looks good. The storage in the new console is no greater than what I had in the tiny factory console. Basically I have gained a really good looking armrest for my wife and I. You'll have to make your own decision.

Attachments

Last edited:

ezhutcher

Buick Newbie
Buick
I hear you AWATS!! we bought the car and absoultly love it. Didn't notice the lack of Arm Rest and when i drive my wife (it's her car) is ready to sell the car because no passenger arm rest. It has becoming the running joke: she asks me every time we go out if I have found an arm rest for her seat. That and the poor signal strength with the remote start are really our only complaints!

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
I don't mind only one armrest, because only I drive it. My wife's Malibu has the keyless start button and when I drive it, I wish it was on my Encore. As for the key, it always goes in the watch pocket of my jeans. If I were a woman, I would put a long chain on it with a clip on the end, so it would be easy to get out of her purse. Don't need a power liftgate, the one on the Encore is so perfectly balanced it is very easy to open and shut. I am certain they will add more gizmos in the future. I usually keep a vehicle for ten years and am quite happy with my 2014 Encore.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!