Lacrosse '15 emissions code

Noyzi07

2015 Buick Lacrosse
Check Engine light came on. Recieved text/email for Emisions System. Check has cap and ensured proper fit. Light went off the next day and came back on 3 days later. Research says bad gas cap and/or evap unit under hood. Anyone else delt with this fault? How severe is it and what should I do first to resolve. Thx in advance for the assist. Happy Turkey Day.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's the possibility on what that code can mean and possible DIY. The gas cap is the first one most will try as it's the easiest and cheapest, but you may want to clear the code first to see if it comes back. Another thing is to try some white grease on the cap and fuel inlet to get a better seal. Next try a new gas, OEM not knock off, if all of the above doesn't work then it is going to need to be serviced by someone who has the tools to properly find the problem.

P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)

Noyzi07

2015 Buick Lacrosse
Here's the possibility on what that code can mean and possible DIY. The gas cap is the first one most will try as it's the easiest and cheapest, but you may want to clear the code first to see if it comes back. Another thing is to try some white grease on the cap and fuel inlet to get a better seal. Next try a new gas, OEM not knock off, if all of the above doesn't work then it is going to need to be serviced by someone who has the tools to properly find the problem.

P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)
Hey, had code cleared last time it appeared and maintained a 91 octane Exxon fuel and it continues to come then go so I'll try the gas cap and grease for permanent resolution. Thx

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Hey, had code cleared last time it appeared and maintained a 91 octane Exxon fuel and it continues to come then go so I'll try the gas cap and grease for permanent resolution. Thx
It's kind of the cheapest way to start, but EVAP codes show up between 1/4 to 3/4 of a tank on most as a guideline to see if it has actually cleared, just a FYI.

HotZ28

1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Have someone perform a smoke test to see where the leak is.

myredcar

CT
2015 Lacrosse Leather 3.6
I am a new owner of a 2015 Lacrosse. I know this thread is old but, it may be worth pointing out that there is a special warranty (18029) from GM on 2015 MY cars relating to the purge solenoid. This was listed on the warranty section of my owner documents. The notice is attached. Surprised I did not see this come up on a forum search.

Attachments

Noyzi07

2015 Buick Lacrosse
I am a new owner of a 2015 Lacrosse. I know this thread is old but, it may be worth pointing out that there is a special warranty (18029) from GM on 2015 MY cars relating to the purge solenoid. This was listed on the warranty section of my owner documents. The notice is attached. Surprised I did not see this come up on a forum search.
O nice... Thx man. I got a new gas cap and reset the code and have been good so far. If it pops up again.... Purge valve replacement next.

FirstBuick

Buick Newbie
Cincinnati
I just had this replaced on my 2015 Enclave' it was covered but I still had to pay the $100 deductible

myredcar

CT
2015 Lacrosse Leather 3.6
I just had this replaced on my 2015 Enclave' it was covered but I still had to pay the $100 deductible
That deductible sounds odd to me. Did they cover it under your service contract or as a warranty? I am new to GM. Do they normally charge a deductible on a warranty item?

FirstBuick

Buick Newbie
Cincinnati
That deductible sounds odd to me. Did they cover it under your service contract or as a warranty? I am new to GM. Do they normally charge a deductible on a warranty item?
Sorry, it was covered by my extended warranty I purchased when I bought the vehicle (not from a Buick dealer). I was simply wondering now that I know this if I would have even had to pay the $100 deductible

Turbo Buick Badge