• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Lacrosse '15 emissions code

Noyzi07

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Lacrosse
Check Engine light came on. Recieved text/email for Emisions System. Check has cap and ensured proper fit. Light went off the next day and came back on 3 days later. Research says bad gas cap and/or evap unit under hood. Anyone else delt with this fault? How severe is it and what should I do first to resolve. Thx in advance for the assist. Happy Turkey Day.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's the possibility on what that code can mean and possible DIY. The gas cap is the first one most will try as it's the easiest and cheapest, but you may want to clear the code first to see if it comes back. Another thing is to try some white grease on the cap and fuel inlet to get a better seal. Next try a new gas, OEM not knock off, if all of the above doesn't work then it is going to need to be serviced by someone who has the tools to properly find the problem.

P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)

Noyzi07

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Lacrosse
Here's the possibility on what that code can mean and possible DIY. The gas cap is the first one most will try as it's the easiest and cheapest, but you may want to clear the code first to see if it comes back. Another thing is to try some white grease on the cap and fuel inlet to get a better seal. Next try a new gas, OEM not knock off, if all of the above doesn't work then it is going to need to be serviced by someone who has the tools to properly find the problem.

P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)
Hey, had code cleared last time it appeared and maintained a 91 octane Exxon fuel and it continues to come then go so I'll try the gas cap and grease for permanent resolution. Thx

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Hey, had code cleared last time it appeared and maintained a 91 octane Exxon fuel and it continues to come then go so I'll try the gas cap and grease for permanent resolution. Thx
It's kind of the cheapest way to start, but EVAP codes show up between 1/4 to 3/4 of a tank on most as a guideline to see if it has actually cleared, just a FYI.

Noyzi07

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Lacrosse
Pedal Commander