LaCrosse Super V8- anyone drive one or have one?

lesmore49

Buick Ownership
Buick
I wonder what they're like, how well they accelerate, handle , how they drive compared to a regular LaCrosse/Allure?

Mowgli

Farmington, CT
Buick Ownership
Non, 99' Infiniti, 89 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo.
I have driven one. It is decently quick but for some reason, it felt just as quick as a Northstar Lucerne. The dash does not look good in my opinion. The one that came into my dealer, the dash looked pretty bad in my opinion. I counted four diffrent color plastics plus the wood. Looked very cheap and tacky. Otherwise it's not that bad of a car.

Other than the dash, the only thing I would change is the exhaust. It sounds very quite, which I think ruins the point of having a V8. It should have a rumble.

caddycruiser

I have driven one. It is decently quick but for some reason, it felt just as quick as a Northstar Lucerne. The dash does not look good in my opinion. The one that came into my dealer, the dash looked pretty bad in my opinion. I counted four diffrent color plastics plus the wood. Looked very cheap and tacky. Otherwise it's not that bad of a car.

Other than the dash, the only thing I would change is the exhaust. It sounds very quite, which I think ruins the point of having a V8. It should have a rumble.
Yeah, it's going to be quick...as the 5.3L is a very meaty engine, torque and all, and the Lacross is quite light AND the power is routed right through those front tires. Same deal with the Grand Prix GXP and Impala SS...and actually even faster than a lot of Northstar cars.

Here's a good YouTube video of a new Lacross Super, explained by a GM/Buick guy...along with a slight exhaust rumble clip (yes, actually pretty quiet...and seems moreso than the Impala SS):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBx4h1rDjwo