LED fog lamps for 2018 TourX

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I haven't looked at the fogs yet myself but I would be careful. I know on a lot of other forums I was on, up-rated wattage was OK on the wiring but the heat for the housings was no good. You might be OK on the fogs since they actively have air flowing over them, but I would still watch it.
Yeah - I'm worried the potential heat would melt something...for me, it's not worth the risk. For the more adventurous, PIAA does make a yellow 55w with H8 base.

Anaduff

St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
The yellow (3M) protection film arrived & was very easy to install (it helps to make a paper template of the lens if you don't want to trim the film as you go). I like the appearance even without the fogs turned on...
HeadlightArmor.JPG

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The protection film looks nice, but I couldn't find a vendor on Amazon or eBay... Other choices?

I got these off eBay. The color is definitely yellow, no amber.

SNGL H11 LED Fog Light Bulb yellow 3000k Extremely Bright High Power H8 H8LL H11LL H16 LED Bulbs for DRL or Fog Light Lamp Replacement

Amazon.com: SNGL H11 LED Fog Light Bulb yellow 3000k Extremely Bright High Power H8 H8LL H11LL H16 LED Bulbs for DRL or Fog Light Lamp Replacement: Automotive

I'll take a picture tonight. The two led chips point left and right when installed, right in line with the reflective mirrors.

Although, I was able to turn the bulb past locked, I think I stripped off the little piece of plastic that was to prevent over rotating clockwise to the locked position.

Pathy01

Nice yellow color, they seem to send the light left and right off the reflectors and keeps the light below two feet high, like fog lights should.
Kudos to somebody who understands the purpose of fog lights. Looks good.

dino-mite

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX, Enclave, Verano
New to the forum and a owner of a new leftover 2018 TourX preferred. Too good of a deal.

Like everyone in this thread I would like to change the fog lights. The original poster had the size of the bulbs but when I go to Amazon it states that this size does not fit the TourX but the H10 does.

Can anyone confirm which one is the actual size needed for the fog lights?

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
New to the forum and a owner of a new leftover 2018 TourX preferred. Too good of a deal.

Like everyone in this thread I would like to change the fog lights. The original poster had the size of the bulbs but when I go to Amazon it states that this size does not fit the TourX but the H10 does.

It's definitely H8/H11

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Congrats on TourX.
H11

dino-mite

Buick Ownership
Thank you! Happy to join the club. This is my third Buick that I currently own so I am overdue haha.

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
For the life of me, I can't seem to find anything in the owner's manual (attached link). Anyway, I googled the difference between H8, H11, H16 and found that they all use the same plug/mounting. However, the voltage/wattage is different and MAY cause problem. Worst-case is you melt your plug and blow a fuse. My guess is that if you buy a bulb that is compatible with all 3 plugs, then it should be compatible with the lowest power application... I gave up searching, but H16 appears to be the lowest power spec, and according to the 2 posts above mine, you should be safe using any of the 3 types.

https://my.buick.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2018/Buick/2018-buick-regal-owners-manual.pdf

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
For the life of me, I can't seem to find anything in the owner's manual (attached link). Anyway, I googled the difference between H8, H11, H16 and found that they all use the same plug/mounting. However, the voltage/wattage is different and MAY cause problem. Worst-case is you melt your plug and blow a fuse. My guess is that if you buy a bulb that is compatible with all 3 plugs, then it should be compatible with the lowest power application... I gave up searching, but H16 appears to be the lowest power spec, and according to the 2 posts above mine, you should be safe using any of the 3 types.

https://my.buick.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2018/Buick/2018-buick-regal-owners-manual.pdf
If you are going to put LED bulbs in ...my LED bulbs are less then 9 watts each, which should be way less then orig.bulbs.... Only problem might be heat, but I would guess heat would be less then 100 watt halogens??
I never see fog so I use mine to look cool blue ...which I think looks nice with my Quicksilver Metallic Safari.IMG_20190523_202744100.jpg

Last edited:

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Feel kind of lucky I do not deal with fog much, since it sounds like they are pretty useless no matter what bulbs are in them.
IMG_20190427_133438800_HDR.jpgI do use fogs on 99 TA for more aero look, before really dark.

Last edited:

dino-mite

Buick Ownership

I checked my owners manual in the car and there is absolutely nothing on it either. There is not a single piece of info on what any of the bulbs are in regards to size. Seems like a strange thing to omit but there you have it. I placed my order today and they will be coming tomorrow. Can’t wait. Ended up with the white since several folks said the yellow is useless. Figured might as well make it match if the fogs are useless.

I came from a 2017 Lexus IS350 F sport AWD and it too had LEDs in the headlights, but man oh man the Buick is way brighter and lights up the road like crazy. I’m really impressed with it.

MSRP was $37,000 and change. Got them down to $25,250. I figured anything less than that and it would be criminal!

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Just installed the LEDs, took no more than 10 minutes. Drivers side was annoying but manageable. I went with the white since yellow didn’t help anyone on here and perhaps would have clashed too much with the sport red color.
Dumb question?
The Essence Fog lights are not OEM LED's ?
What lights did you purchase/
Thanks

dino-mite

Buick Ownership
Dumb question?
The Essence Fog lights are not OEM LED's ?
What lights did you purchase/
Thanks
Not a dumb question. This is actually an early build Preferred model with the red needles. It has the lighting package and navigation. Just picked it up this past Tuesday.

I got the same LED lights as the very first poster in this thread, but just picked the white option instead of yellow on Amazon. I don’t anticipate using my fog lights all that much so went with something cheaper.