LED in the cup holder!

NewTekBuzz

Flint Area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07
I wonder how hard it would be to add a blue led to the cup holder. Driving to work this morning, I had a hard time placing my coffee cup in the cup holder because it was really dark out. I could tap into the power for the phone charger?
Any thoughts??

Best Auto Mats

Buick Ownership
Buick
It should be pretty easy and straightforward as long as you know how to disassemble the mid consul, I like the idea. I have a lot of different ideas for customizing the car, however since I lease, I can't :( I still might tear apart the dash one day to put some 3m DiNoc carbon fiber over all the piano black accents.

Tban70

New York
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal TO3
It should be pretty easy and straightforward as long as you know how to disassemble the mid consul, I like the idea. I have a lot of different ideas for customizing the car, however since I lease, I can't :( I still might tear apart the dash one day to put some 3m DiNoc carbon fiber over all the piano black accents.

Like this!

blah

montgomery county, md
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal '11 6sp
I wonder how hard it would be to add a blue led to the cup holder. Driving to work this morning, I had a hard time placing my coffee cup in the cup holder because it was really dark out. I could tap into the power for the phone charger?
Any thoughts??

Dude, same problem here ... let me know if you ending up doing something

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
I usually don't drink and drive:D, being European born and raised I still consider coffee time to be enjoyed at home or on the patio with friends/family.:cool:

But I noticed while I was taking medium sized coffee for my co-worker that the cup with the lid just wouldn't fit. Truly an European car, just don't eat , drink and drive.:) Cup holders are reserved space for manual tranny stick.;)

NewTekBuzz

Flint Area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07
I usually don't drink and drive:D, being European born and raised I still consider coffee time to be enjoyed at home or on the patio with friends/family.:cool:

But I noticed while I was taking medium sized coffee for my co-worker that the cup with the lid just wouldn't fit. Truly an European car, just don't eat , drink and drive.:) Cup holders are reserved space for manual tranny stick.;)

YYZ, I conceder coffee a drug, I am addicted and I need it to push on! I would take it intravenous if I could! J I need something for that hour drive to work and back home.

MaveRegal

Bowling Green, OH
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal To7
Tban, do you have instructions on how to take apart the dash? I would love to wrap my piano dot trim in CF!

Tban70

New York
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal TO3
Tban, do you have instructions on how to take apart the dash? I would love to wrap my piano dot trim in CF!

Sorry MaveRegal;
It was all trial and error. I could not get all the pieces off, i did not want to break them so i just left them alone. I was only able to get the two top pices below the windshield, the piece above the glove box and the piece just left of it buy the ignition. To get the chrome shifter piece off i put the car in neutural used a plastic tool to shimmy in and lift up the back side and then the front side, then just lift it up and then you have to release the chrome piece from the base (i broke a few clips but it went back in with no problems). The rest i just cut a piece of carbon fiber wrap big enough to cover the piece, used a hair dryer to soften and a plastic squeegee tuck in the edges and an x-acto knife with a brand new blade to cut. You do need Patients to do this and enough carbon fiber roll for the job.

BJK

IL
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal CXL Turbo T07
Any thoughts??

GM Accessories Zone has an Ambient Lighting kit available for lighting the cup holders. There is also an LED light for the footwell available...

Check out: gmaccessorieszone.com

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
GM Accessories Zone has an Ambient Lighting kit available for lighting the cup holders. There is also an LED light for the footwell available...

Check out: gmaccessorieszone.com

Wow, I checked the prices there, $3300+ for chrome 18" wheels set (just the rims are $1900), $1850 for dual headrest DVD, $195 for wheel locks...

Pass.

Best Auto Mats

Buick Ownership
Buick
Like this!

I've been dreaming of doing this ever since I first caught glare off of the chrome piece around the shifter. It really looks good with the turbo badge in there too. I think I should have enough dinoc to do it. Did you trim the dinoc first or tuck the edges then cut? I am wondering because your fit and finish looks really nice.

Tban70

New York
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal TO3
I've been dreaming of doing this ever since I first caught glare off of the chrome piece around the shifter. It really looks good with the turbo badge in there too. I think I should have enough dinoc to do it. Did you trim the dinoc first or tuck the edges then cut? I am wondering because your fit and finish looks really nice.

To which piece you are referring to.

ralt

Buick Newbie
Allen Park,mi
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
How about the blue ambient light that shines straight down by the shifter. Would be interesting if you could angle it to the cup holders and if it would be enough light. Just a thought.

NewTekBuzz

Flint Area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07
I see on buicks site they have now added a LED to the cup holders for 2012! :(

user1

Buick Newbie
Michigan
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal Turbo 6 spd manual
Like this!

I like that carbon fiber look. I had that in the 2008 CTS 6 spd manual I leased prior to picking up the Regal Turbo. Your work looks good. However it would look a lot better with the 6 speed manual shifter:D.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!