LED overhaul on '03 Century Custom Questions

iMin3Ra1n

Delano, MN, US
Buick Ownership
2003 Buick Century Custom, "Light Sandrift Metallic"
Hi, new user here. I have an 03 buick century on which I'm going to replace every replaceable bulb in the car with LED's. Every other light should work fine, my only question is the turn signals. If those are swapped for LED's, will i experience hyper-flash? Has anyone experienced something similar in their century? If so, should I swap out the flasher relay for one meant for LED's, or wire in load resistors? this goes for both front and rear.

Also I havent been able to find the size of the turn signal illuminator. I believe it's called the cornering bulb? it lights up the side of your vehicle that you're signaling to, and I believe on the headlamp housing, it is the outermost bulb.

Thank you in advance!

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Century Custom & 2005 Buick LeSabre Custom
1124181617.jpg
I did not like the corner light and thought better visibility of turn signals would be of better use so I redone mine really simple to do just replaced the clear bulb with a 4057 or 3157 and cut the yellow wire on corner marker and run to turn signal wire on inside light the bulb change gives a marker light on corner just by changing the bulb

iMin3Ra1n

Delano, MN, US
Buick Ownership
2003 Buick Century Custom, "Light Sandrift Metallic"
It looks like (upon removing the headlight housing) that there is a side amber marker light that, if it is not already wired to be a turn signal, could be.

Upon further research, it turns out that the cornering illumination bulb size I was asking for is in fact 3157. The marker amber is 194.

I do have another question however: I took a look at the headlight housing, and since this is going to be an LED overhaul, most led headlights available on the market have a rather large heatsink on the back of the bulb. 15084
(dustcaps have been removed for visual aid in this photo)

I took it upon myself to do some investigation and found that there are dustcaps covering the back of the reflector. If a) the bulbs' heatsinks are able to clear the access hole in housing in the first place, will they b) be at risk for dust without any dustcaps covering them? and c) will there be any clearance problems when putting the housing back in with the heatsinks protruding? Clearly there are DIY solutions to these problems but I thought I would ask around for some more elegant solutions to the problem

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.