• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

LED Projector Retrofit in OEM Halogen Headlights

noodiler

Buick Ownership
Opel Insignia
I was extremely disappointed with the OEM halogen lights especially since i've head HID retrofits in every single car I've owned. The performance of the European version (Opel insignia) of these lights is so poor that it is far lower than many other halogens that've seen.

I was stuck between retrofitting Mini H1 HID projects, or NHK LED Projectors given that these were the available options that would fit in the headlight with minimal modifications.

I Decided on the LED projector for a few reasons:
1. Simpler wiring
2. No need to dril in the dust caps
3. No warm up time, (instant on).
4. Nicer hotspot than the MH1.

Only down side was the width was slightly less than the MH1.

I believe the Morimoto M-LED 2.0 would solve that issue, but it wasn't an option for me at the time.

Current setup:

NHK Bi- LED (meaning they offer both low beams and high beams) in the low beam reflector
PNP LED bulbs in the High beams (they turn on with the high beam projectors giving double the amoung of light)
PNP LED fogs (for width if needed, but they're off most of the time)

below are some pics. the before and after wall shots are maintaining the same camera settings between the 2 pics. (to avoid how some people trick users by playing with the exposure settings). Pictures are slightly underexposed to show the hotspot of the LED

OEM:
2.jpg

LED:
3.jpg

Highbeams:

4.jpg

5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 1.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The results look great!
Can't believe the OEM were that sad.
Do you mind to share how much did that cost you?
Paging @reconshaun from the following thread.

noodiler

Buick Ownership
Opel Insignia
The results look great!
Can't believe the OEM were that sad.
Do you mind to share how much did that cost you?
Paging @reconshaun from the following thread.
[/URL]

I'm in Egypt, so prices for parts are usually more expensive than what you would get in the USA or Aliexpress, however, Labor here is much cheaper.

For the projector and all its stuff the cost was about 300 USD. In addition to almost 80 USD in Labor.

In the USA, you'd get the parts from Lightwerkz or the retrofitsource. And you can find labor on facebook groups "Headlight Junkies" or "Aftermarket Lighting Enthusiasts " They're are a lot of pros there.

I highly suggest you don't DIY as the perma-seal on these lights are a B*****

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Preferred
Looks great! I keep these on my eBay watchlist, but the price always dissuades me every time I'm tempted. $300-400 is much more palatable.
https://flic.kr/p/2iZL4uX
I too didn't even consider the stock halogen headlights as an option and simply stuck some cheap LED's in my existing reflector housing, eventually landing on the Philips Ultinons for my low beam, and they work fine, but I would much rather have a legitimate projector setup.

Thanks for posting!

landsharkmz3

Great job on doing a proper retrofit! THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you upgrade your headlights the right way!

My Regal has the LED, but I did a Xenon retrofit years ago in my MZ3.

Attachments

• IMG_20050905_213218.JPG
    IMG_20050905_213218.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 8

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
I personally hate LED lights with a passion and will never install them in nor buy any car that has them. Unnatural color and brightness that hurts one's eyes; just look at the picture where it's so bright you can't even make up the detail in the stone wall!? Xenon for me or nothing but in this case though about anything beats that first picture.

noodiler

Buick Ownership
Opel Insignia
Great job on doing a proper retrofit! THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you upgrade your headlights the right way!

My Regal has the LED, but I did a Xenon retrofit years ago in my MZ3.

That looks great. And looks oem too. Glad to see another retrofit fan

Get your turbo buick badge right here!