Left rear wheel "whine"

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
This started earlier this past winter when I had my winter rims/tires on...basically it's a low pitched "whine" coming from the left rear. I thought it might have been one of the winter tires and wearing funny, but I swtiched to my summers this weekend and took it out for a spin. The noise is still there. It starts around 15 mph and gets louder until around 50-60 before it kinda tapers down...took it to the dealer today hoping to see what was wrong. My dad doesn't think it's a wheel bearing bc it would have been shot by now (drove 1,000 miles in the past two weeks for work) but possibly an alignment issue that has gotten worse. I did smack several potholes during the winter of 2013-14. I guess I'll find out tomorrow, I really hope it is covered under warranty, but alignment issues usually aren't. And to top it off, my claim to the state for last winter's damage to my rim/tire was denied...of course.

QSilverGS

Holland, MI
Buick Ownership
2012 GS, 2006 Rendezvous
Bearing, hands down. Might be both, but you can't hear the other as bad. I thought you copied an older post of mine from a few months ago! I easily put a few thousand miles on before I took it in.

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Well my dad was wrong for once...and he's the guy that can take a car apart and put it back together without a manual. Though he didn't completely rule it out...

Get your turbo buick badge right here!