License plate

DanStar

Buick Ownership
2022 Encore GX
Got our license plate (rear) for our 22 GX today & noticed the mount on the car is only about 4 inches apart. Is there a bracket available?

DanStar

Buick Ownership
2022 Encore GX
Was the rear of the vehicle redesigned for 22?

The 21 just screwed in with the supplied bolts
The ‘16 had a bracket for the plate. The ‘22 appears to expect one to just put 4 screws in the plastic of the body below the rear hatch. Was hesitant to just put the plate screws directly into the body of the brand new car.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The ‘16 had a bracket for the plate. The ‘22 appears to expect one to just put 4 screws in the plastic of the body below the rear hatch. Was hesitant to just put the plate screws directly into the body of the brand new car.
Your original post stated the holes are 4" apart which does not match a license plate. Have you called your dealer?

1daysale

Buick Ownership
Buick Encore GX 2021

Unless someone or Buick makes a mount, their should be 4 pointed license plate screws included with the vehicle to mount your plate. There will be 4 tiny divots on the plastic trim under the hatch to help you align the plate. That's where it belongs!

I will say that if you add a thicker mount that it may show up on your backup camera as I can see the bottom of my plate in my camera.

I had a brand new Chrysler Pacifica and it had two tiny divots on the plastic front bumper to mount the plate but we (Ohio) just recently went to one plate on the back so I never had to make the holes thankfully

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

DanStar

Buick Ownership
2022 Encore GX
Yes
Your original post stated the holes are 4" apart which does not match a license plate. Have you called your dealer?
yes. They said there is no additional accessories. I did see 4 very small marks that line up with the holes of the plate after I talked to the dealer again. The intention is to just drill into the body plastic at those marks & insert the plate screws that I’m to purchase at Walmart. I don’t like it, but that’s Buick’s plan.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Yes

yes. They said there is no additional accessories. I did see 4 very small marks that line up with the holes of the plate after I talked to the dealer again. The intention is to just drill into the body plastic at those marks & insert the plate screws that I’m to purchase at Walmart. I don’t like it, but that’s Buick’s plan.
Did you look at the window sticker to see if it says anything about a plate bracket?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners