• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Lighted Door Sill Plates

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
Does anyone have these installed on their Regal S.B. or TourX? From what I can see on the "accessories" page of the Buick app, these sill plates run on battery power (2 button cells, it looks like). It appears that they light up in a BLUE color. I would think with all the WHITE lighting in the car, they would have looked better with WHITE lighting. If you have them, please post pictures and share whether they were installed at purchase, installed later by dealer or self-installed. Are you happy with them? Price (list) seems pretty steep. Thanks!

Kriptonite

Buick Ownership
2018 regal tourx
Got em installed last week and they have a white light that matches the interior lighting. Not too happy with the dealership cause the tech that installed them dented and scratched the door sill. They had their body shop repair the damage but now my car has that body shop smell not that new car smell. Yeah I'm less than happy with that particular dealer and doubt I take it to them again for anything.
I also sprung for the front and rear cameras and I am less than impressed. They have very little instructions and require a cellphone or tablet to view the recording. I would have thought that you could use the
In dash screen for reviewing but to no avail. It's about as easy to pop out the mini card and use a card reader to view em on your computer.

Last edited:

murf5048

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tourx Essence C1&2, Sights & Sounds
Got em installed last week and they have a white light that matches the interior lighting. Not too happy with the dealership cause the tech that installed them dented and scratched the door sill. They had their body shop repair the damage but now my car has that body shop smell not that new car smell. Yeah I'm less than happy with that particular dealer and doubt I take it to them again for anything.
I also sprung for the front and rear cameras and I am less than impressed. They have very little instructions and require a cellphone or tablet to view the recording. I would have thought that you could use the
In dash screen for reviewing but to no avail. It's about as easy to pop out the mini card and use a card reader to view em on your computer.
Did you get the dashcam advertised as an accessory for the Buick Tourx?
(Premium Thinkware F800 Dashcam by EchoMaster® - Associated Accessories
MSRP $499.99)
Just wondering exactly what you meant by the front and rear cameras?
Sorry to hear your car was damaged while at the dealer! Guess we all have to leave very specific instructions BEFORE we drop the car off for service! Our rear passenger door will not open from the inside, child lock is not on! Concerned that our light color interior will get messed up when the service department has to remove door panel interior parts to fix the handle!!! We are going to let them know ahead of time to please be careful.............

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Sorry about the damage - that sucks. Would love to see pics of the sills...

Kriptonite

Buick Ownership
2018 regal tourx
The camera kit was the less expensive one listed in the accessories listings.
I'll try to take a picture of the lighted door sill plates. I'm not too good at this kind of thing.

Pedal Commander