lighting

Thread starter #1

bmwfixer

Buick Ownership
Buick
i have a 2011 lacrosse cxl aws and hud,, at times when in stong sunlight, the radio display and gear position indicators get real bright,, head up display and speedometer cluster stays the same ,if i cover the sensor on the dash , within 1 minute , the intense brightness goes to normal ,if i take it off , it gets real bright again , only the radio display and shift position indiacor change ,
has anybody else experienced this , i have had the vehicle 10 months so far , and its been awesome , and it never did this before, i wondering if its a bad light sensor

i have a 2011 lacrosse cxl aws and hud,, at times when in stong sunlight, the radio display and gear position indicators get real bright,, head up display and speedometer cluster stays the same ,if i cover the sensor on the dash , within 1 minute , the intense brightness goes to normal ,if i take it off , it gets real bright again , only the radio display and shift position indiacor change ,
has anybody else experienced this , i have had the vehicle 10 months so far , and its been awesome , and it never did this before, i wondering if its a bad light sensor
Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? Please feel free to contact me with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

Thread starter #5

bmwfixer

Buick Ownership
Buick
hello buick customer service , I do not want to bother my buick dealership, this has been a on going issuie, the vin is bf325865, I have a issuie with the hud , the brightness control was replaced a few months ago, the problem at hand is when driving , the hud is brighter then in a bit, is dimmer, at times very bright, when going to work in the am , and the sun is coming up , its very bright and I have to again adjust it ,is this normal, I have complained about it in the past , the control switch was replaced due to the display just going out at times , well that's corrected , but the windshield display is annoying as heck , brighter and dimmer, . is this normal ?? is there a way to reset it ? I have shut it ff and turned it back on, and its the same , I don't want to annoy my dealership, I think they think im crazy , can you check with gm technical .? this has been my car since new , 04/09/2011, the vehicle has gmpp with major guard and its like new in and out ,,,,,,,,,please help, if there is a issuie , with a fix , please do let me know
many thanks
Michael j maniscalco

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.