• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Little things you like or love about your LaCrosse?

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
We have a "biggest complaint" thread; seems to me we should have its counterpart. What are the little things, or even the big, that you like about your LaCrosse?

Mine is a '16 Premium I with the V6. Of course I love the smooth ride, the quietness, and the power it gives you with only a few inches of pedal movement. (In contrast, my '11 Regal, much as I liked it, had only 180 HP. Going up a steep bridge in fast traffic, I would have to downshift to get more oomph if I backed off on the revs to let someone in ahead of me. No worries on that for the LaCrosse.)

I like that its gas gauge, while inaccurate, is pessimistic: It makes me think I have less gas in the tank than I really do.

Love its color, a deep garnet red, over a cream leather interior; and the blue-and-white gauges and lighting. Why BMW thinks orange instrument lighting is attractive is beyond me. (Yeah, I know, it helps with your night vision. But it still feels hot.) (See next item.)

The A/C is excellent . . . and I need it; I live in one of the hottest, foulest climates in America. Summer lasts 10 months.

The stereo is better than that in my late '15 base model BMW 3 Series. Sure, Premium I compared to base model -- but the BMW cost $6-8000 more when new. You'd think the speaker system would be a *little* better.

Visibility is generally better than in the Regal, which to be fair was a smaller car.

You?

greg12

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2018 Lacrosse premium 3.6 FWD
I am impressed with the full gauge setup...Voltmeter and Oil Temp in addition to the coolant Temp. Oil pressure would be nice but only see those lately in trucks. Of course a lot more info available in the DIC but nice to see on a long highway trip the oil temp rock solid at a bit over 200 degrees.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
I am impressed with the full gauge setup...Voltmeter and Oil Temp in addition to the coolant Temp. Oil pressure would be nice but only see those lately in trucks. Of course a lot more info available in the DIC but nice to see on a long highway trip the oil temp rock solid at a bit over 200 degrees.
I see the voltmeter, but which is the oil temp? The only temp gauge is the standard coolant one. At least it behaves like that -- it goes from C to the midpoint within a couple of miles' driving. An oil temp gauge like I had on the BMW would take longer to warm up.

tombalas

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse Leather
I continue to be impressed with the form and function of both of the driver displays - just so intuitively simple to use and well thought out. I compare this to a new Volvo loaner I had recently. While Volvos were once so elegantly simple, the new ones have this awful interface with seemingly hundreds of options. While that may sound great on paper, driving one is not fun at all.

LaCruise

Buick Newbie
Salt Lake City
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Premium AWD
Love the heads up display. I really miss this when I get in a car that does not have it.
Love the adaptive cruise. I would not buy another car ever that did not have this feature. Makes long road trips so much more relaxing.
Love the brake feel. Rock solid pedal, strong brakes, easy to modulate
Love the chassis and build quality. Never have I owned a car with absolutely zero squeaks or rattles of any kind. Even after 2 years, hot/cold seasons, and 23,000 miles.
Love the active suspension. Can really feel the shocks doing their jobs. As good as this system is (supplier is ZF), it makes me jealous for how great the magnetic-rheological system must be that is offered in the Cadillacs, Corvette, Camaro.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
The car is rock solid but one thing mine has that none of my others cars have us the mag ride - what incredible technology - I take long trips and load up the car with 5 people and a trunk full of luggage but the handling on the hilly interstates feels no different from when the car is empty!!!

LaCruise

Buick Newbie
Salt Lake City
Buick Ownership
The car is rock solid but one thing mine has that none of my others cars have us the mag ride - what incredible technology - I take long trips and load up the car with 5 people and a trunk full of luggage but the handling on the hilly interstates feels no different from when the car is empty!!!
No actually our cars do not have magnetic ride. I initially thought so too but we have a system called Continous Damping Control. The shocks are computer controlled but they are made by ZF and change the damping with valves that adjust 500 times per second to control the flow of hydraulic fluid. The magnetic shocks are in the system GM calls Magnetic Damping Control. These shocks adjust with special magnetic fluid inside the shocks. The magnetic shocks were developed by Delphi and believe it or not the patents are now owned by a Chinese company that purchased Delphi. GM and other companies have to pay royalty to the Chinese to use this technology. Our shocks used in the LaCrosse are really great, but the magnetic technology is supposed to be even better(and more expensive) which is why they are used in Corvette, Cadillac CTS-V, and other expensive cars. The only Buick that ever got the magnetic shocks were a very few Lucerne.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
Excellent idea to start this " Things Liked " thread (y)

Have a '13, V6, Leather with the 18" Chrome Wheels.

Every time I get in it, it still smells like a new car, and of a High Quality Leather, like a Cadillac from years gone by. To me, it's the smell of success, the upper echelon of the GM hierarchy ladder. It just makes you breath deeper, slower, and appreciate life with entry into the LaCrosse.

The incredibly S-M-O-O-T-H driving characteristics are abound.
Road Noise is Null.
Bumps are absorbed.
Steering is.. Well.. Electronically Assisted - new for '13, which is makes the long car tool around easy at slower speeds, yet holds super tight at higher speeds. It's a feel that takes some getting used to, it's "floaty", yet "tight" when you need it to be, quite an an attribute.
The Seats are so comfortable, very plush, excellent on long drives, so comfy..you don't want to get out after you've arrived to your destination.

The Base Sound System really cranks, and sounds better than "name brand" systems in other cars.

Keep these (y)Likes coming, I'll end it here for now, but will add others down the road:cool:

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
Another item I've been meaning to mention: I discovered that GM provided an interior trunk handle, a recess in the trunk lid's lining, that you can grip to pull the trunk down instead of putting a hand on the trunk paint and possibly scratching it. That was good thinking.

The cargo net: My BMW came with one, but it anchored to the floor of the trunk, not the rear lip. So it was close to useless for me unless I wanted to pin something flat to the trunk floor. The Buick allows me to anchor water bottles or milk or other things I want to keep from slipping around. Yet it's removable with two clicks.

The smoothly carpeted floor of the trunk bothered me in that my tool bag would slide around as I drove. On Ebay I found a trim-to-fit rubber cargo mat in tan. Cut down and settled in place, it keeps trunk contents from shifting so easily.

LaCruise: Do all the LaCrosses have this Continuous Damping Control? Mine is a Premium I, and I don't have the build sheet for it yet. (Good question: Where can we find the build sheet for our cars? I had mine for the Park Avenue, which is where I learned it was an intermediate model, neither base nor Ultra.)

LaCruise

Buick Newbie
Salt Lake City
Buick Ownership
No, the Continuous Damping Control is part of the Dynamic Drive Package which includes 20" wheels and a Sport mode button on the dash. I can't speak for the earlier models, but on the 2017-2019, when you engage Sport mode it stiffens the shocks and steering.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
No, the Continuous Damping Control is part of the Dynamic Drive Package which includes 20" wheels and a Sport mode button on the dash. I can't speak for the earlier models, but on the 2017-2019, when you engage Sport mode it stiffens the shocks and steering.
Ah. Then it's not an issue, as I have 18" wheels and no Sport mode.

greg12

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2018 Lacrosse premium 3.6 FWD
Ah. Then it's not an issue, as I have 18" wheels and no Sport mode.
In my opinion after having 19" low profile tires on a leased Malibu Premier you're better off with the 18" wheels. While looking for a 2018 I did not consider any with the 20" rims. The ride with the 18" is MUCH better than the Malibut with the 19's. The low profile tires are fragile...the wife popped 2 of them during the lease which cost $300 each to replace....and had to have the car towed to the dealer both times (No spare). The first thing I checked on my 2018 Lacrosse purchase was the spare.

All around I could not be happier with our new to us (slightly used) Lacrosse.

EDSELRANGER

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Another item I've been meaning to mention: I discovered that GM provided an interior trunk handle, a recess in the trunk lid's lining, that you can grip to pull the trunk down instead of putting a hand on the trunk paint and possibly scratching it. That was good thinking.
Ok, I've read and re-read that paragraph a dozen times and still cannot picture what you are describing.
First... I cannot figure out how you could close your trunk-lid by pulling it down from the inside unless you were sitting in it.
Second... How do you possibly scratch your trunk lid by putting your hand on it?

hokiecolt

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2017 Lacrosse Premium AWD
The head-up display is so cool and the Bose stereo is awesome!
Ok, I've read and re-read that paragraph a dozen times and still cannot picture what you are describing.
First... I cannot figure out how you could close your trunk-lid by pulling it down from the inside unless you were sitting in it.
Second... How do you possibly scratch your trunk lid by putting your hand on it?
When the trunk if fully opened, there's a handle to the right on the inside. See attached image. It's like an "L" shaped handle that allows you to pull the trunk down. One of those things that's hard to describe....

Attachments

HiHoSilver

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick LaCrosse Avenir AWD
Some of the things I like about my LaCrosse are the massaging seats, color heads up display, dynamic drive package and articulating headlights. I do wish though the LaCrosse had LED headlights and something other than the piano black trim around the shifter.

EDSELRANGER

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
When the trunk if fully opened, there's a handle to the right on the inside. See attached image. It's like an "L" shaped handle that allows you to pull the trunk down. One of those things that's hard to describe....
Thank you for going to the trouble of posting the picture. I guess I would actually have to use it (the handle) to judge its usefulness, but at least now I see what you were describing. Thanks again!

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
I am capable of both.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
Yes; it's a rectangular recess you can slip your fingers into and pull the trunk most of the way down. Then I put a couple of fingers of the other hand on the chrome Buick emblem and push the lid shut.

Scratching? If you wear a ring on the hand you use to shut the trunk, you can scratch the paint with it. I suppose if you keep the car for many years and don't wax or polish that area, the paint could get badly worn, too. Though with modern paints and waxes, it's not likely. A ring is the more likely way to scratch the paint.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
In my opinion after having 19" low profile tires on a leased Malibu Premier you're better off with the 18" wheels. While looking for a 2018 I did not consider any with the 20" rims. The ride with the 18" is MUCH better than the Malibut with the 19's. The low profile tires are fragile...the wife popped 2 of them during the lease which cost $300 each to replace....and had to have the car towed to the dealer both times (No spare). The first thing I checked on my 2018 Lacrosse purchase was the spare.

All around I could not be happier with our new to us (slightly used) Lacrosse.

Oh, yes. The roads and streets here are so universally awful, with rare exceptions, that I refer to them as "cart tracks." The 18" wheels and lower profile tires that came on my '11 Regal, which was sprung a bit more sportily to begin with, were not a good fit for anything but smoothly paved streets. My LaCrosse has 18s, but the tires are much higher-profile, and the longer wheelbase of the car makes for a better ride anyway.

This is a car that encourages you to drive it. This morning I took the long way to work, driving westward and away from the bridge I usually take, to drive over the other bridge and then hustle along a rarely-busy expressway to get into town. A 35-minute drive instead of my usual 25; the mpg meter showed I'd gained about 1 mile per gallon over yesterday's number; and I enjoyed every minute of it.

LaCruise

Buick Newbie
Salt Lake City
Buick Ownership
The 20" wheels definitely have some compromises. They look great and improve handling but the downsides are increased road noise, harsher ride, and more fragile. In winter I swap them out for factory 18" wheels with Blizzak winter tires to better deal with potholes and other hazards. To me its worth the tradeoffs but I've gone on record as saying there may come a day when I change my mind and just go with 18" wheels year round. Now the Sport suspension is a different story. I rarely drive in Normal mode as I find it too soft and the more traditional Buick ride in Normal mode is a little floaty. In Sport mode that all goes away and the ride is really composed. Feels very German.

Pedal Commander