• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Longtime lurker (thank you forum members) and now new owner as of today!

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
Thank you to all the current forum members! I've been reading the posts during the past year and finally was able to bring my plan to purchase together today. Sold my 2012 Cadillac SRX on Tuesday and today purchased a leftover never titled 2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence, fully loaded (DC 1&2, SS, Pano) for $13,000 off MSRP. only 249 miles, white frost tricoat. I found it about 60 miles from my home city - my wife and I have found better deals in the small cities 1-2 hours away from our home.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
Thank you to all the current forum members! I've been reading the posts during the past year and finally was able to bring my plan to purchase together today. Sold my 2012 Cadillac SRX on Tuesday and today purchased a leftover never titled 2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence, fully loaded (DC 1&2, SS, Pano) for $13,000 off MSRP. only 249 miles, white frost tricoat. I found it about 60 miles from my home city - my wife and I have found better deals in the small cities 1-2 hours away from our home.
Ask them to change the oil as it's over a year old and should be changed every year no matter the milage....

..... And Congrats

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Welcome! Can't wait to see your TourX, bet it looks great!

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Wagon
Congratulations! All the really big discounts around here a demo units with about 4k miles on them.

Check out the battery in addition to the oil. Mine was an early 19 (09/18 build) bought last month and I put it on my charger when I got it home and it charged all night. Make sure your charger has a AGM setting so you get a full charge.

Last edited:

wi_badger

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
Welcome and enjoy your new ride

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
Thanks for the advice re 1st oil change (1000 miles or 12 months) - I will do that soon. So far I'm impressed with the technology (DC 1&2, Carplay) and ability to personalize many settings. The Tourx makes my (now gone) 2012 Caddy SRX seem like the stone ages.

By the way, the reason I sold the SRX:
- sunroof drain leak on the drivers side (passenger side was fixed years ago)
- throttle body error
- shift linkage (shift to park) error
- drivers door window motor inoperable in cold temps
- passenger headlight assembly condensation (seals were bad, would eventually short out)
- hood rusting.
The estimates for all the above were enough to convince my wife it was time for it to go.

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Owned a 1976 Regal & 1990 Riviera
Congrats ... heck of a deal ... If you could share some other Loaded Essence availability you mention I would be grateful ... supply dried up in the 200 mile radius of NYC and I am looking for a similar deal like you got.

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Congratulations on your purchase, FishOhio. I'm a Sportback owner near Columbus, just getting into fishing from my kayak. I expect that you will be very satisfied with your Tourx; I'm quite satisfied with my Sportback and they're quite similar vehicles.

Pedal Commander