• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Looking at a TourX for my next car

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Disclaimer: I have a red needle car

So while it seems to be generally acknowledged the newer version has some bugs which are more prevalent than the old UI, i think there is one thing you should consider. I recently saw an interior shot of the new Corvette, it appears to be running the same UI as the white needle cars. If this is true there will be a much greater chance of them updating and fixing these issues. Those of us with Red needles are likely not going to see updates, so any bugs will remain. So if you can live with the bugs in a white needle you might be best served there and in the future you may be living bug free.
Let's hope so on the 'Vette stuff.
Just curious - do the red-needled cars also have similar bugs with audio, etc?

Rockman1138

Ventura County CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
20190909_112515.jpg

It finally happened, and I couldn't be happier. Big thanks to Christopher and Jennifer at Borjon Auto Center in my hometown of Paso Robles. Not only is it perfectly optioned (red needle Essence with everything except sunroof) but we netted $10K off MSRP. Thanks to everyone on these forums who helped inform my purchase, looks like I'll be sticking around a while.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
View attachment 18203

It finally happened, and I couldn't be happier. Big thanks to Christopher and Jennifer at Borjon Auto Center in my hometown of Paso Robles. Not only is it perfectly optioned (red needle Essence with everything except sunroof) but we netted $10K off MSRP. Thanks to everyone on these forums who helped inform my purchase, looks like I'll be sticking around a while.
🆒 :ROFLMAO: :cool::D(y):happydanc

Idano

Buick Ownership
Tourx
View attachment 18203

Welcome to the Uncool Kids Club, unfortunately, having bought a white TourX, you're also a pariah in the UKC.
My wife's TourX is white and we embrace being different. When the coolest members of the UKC disparage your white whale, just remember, if they don't have a red needle car, your TourX is faster than theirs.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I had a white Regal years ago when nobody drove white cars. I don't like white cars.
Dark Blue metallic is my favourite color on a car. My last car was dark blue (2002 grand prix)

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I had a white Regal years ago when nobody drove white cars. I don't like white cars.
Dark Blue metallic is my favourite color on a car. My last car was dark blue (2002 grand prix)
I don't Like white cars.
My Subie is white, because I found a 6 Speed.
The Tri Coat Tourx is well, at such a deal, it could have been pink!
I owned a white Mustang GT once. With the blacked out hood and stripes it was the ok, Actually factory ordered it.
Also a white Toyota with blue shark stripes.
I don't like white cars, way to many on road.

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
Good choice Rockman. I too just purchased a 2018.5 Tourx Essence in White Frost Tricoat!!! Its only been three days but I'm super impressed with the ride, technology, and gas mileage. My wife loves the white frost color and the tan leather. Next step for me is to price window tint. Here in Ohio front side windows must be 50% or greater, back windows can be darker. I'm trying to decide what will look better - all 50% or 50% in front with darker (35%) for the rear.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Good choice Rockman. I too just purchased a 2018.5 Tourx Essence in White Frost Tricoat!!! Its only been three days but I'm super impressed with the ride, technology, and gas mileage. My wife loves the white frost color and the tan leather. Next step for me is to price window tint. Here in Ohio front side windows must be 50% or greater, back windows can be darker. I'm trying to decide what will look better - all 50% or 50% in front with darker (35%) for the rear.
If people will rarely be in the backseat then just go for a "look" and make the front and rear more or less equal.

If the back seat will see passengers on a fairly regular basis (or you plan on long road trips with passengers) go as dark as the law allows. They'll thank you later, especially if they happen to be a infant/toddler stuck in a rear facing seat.
Tour X GPM parking lot.jpg

Idano

Buick Ownership
Tourx
A red car running 60 mph in a 55 mph zone looks like it's going 80 mph.
A white car running 80 mph in a 55 mph zone looks like it's going 60 mph.
Hooray for red rabbits.

Pedal Commander