• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Looking for drivers side headlight housing

Thundermtn

TourX
I knocked one of my '18 TourX's eyes out. There's nothing on a parts shelf in America that I can find to get the car back on the road.

Anyone have a lead or suggestion? Thanks

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I was going to say that replacing the headlight module requires removing the front bumper assembly--but it looks like you need that part as well (and a few others). Were you going to try & fix it yourself or just let a body shop deal with it?

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
If I recall, they’re gonna have a core charge. I read something about that a while back. It seems even broken, they’ve got donor parts left in them

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
2018 Regal TourX
I wandered over to Rock Auto only to see that the things you were looking for said "Out of Stock" - of course they were never probably in stock given the history of the TourX.

Thundermtn

TourX
It's at my buddies shop now, everything else wasn't too hard to get a hold of. The bumper cover was only a week wait, but that lamp assembly is like hens teeth.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Salvage is going to be probably only option, but then that may be a hurry up and wait. The TourX do show up but low volume sales and how the damage occurred is going to be the next challenge, so it may just may be checking every day. Not sure if anything may be available or if fitment is correct but checking the EU market might be useful.
vid42436604_uid5eaadae824b19.jpg

FavaBean

DE
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I find it amazing that they don't have headlights available. It's not the first time I've heard this same story.

At $1000+ a unit, you know they are profiting HUGE on every sale. It's a common replacement part in an auto accident so it's not like it's a high risk investment for Buick to keep more in stock.

Thundermtn

TourX
Do they ship them to Germany from China for the factory build, or are they OEM made in Germany for the car?

Have had bad expieriences with Chinese knockoff stuff before.

Thanks

Thundermtn

TourX
Did you look here(as suggested above)?
Tried them all, no dice, the first one was a Chinese aftermarket deal. Cherry said they had one over the phone but when my shop called them it either wasn't the right one or wasn't actually in their warehouse.

I got another buddy that runs a shop in St. Louis, he's checking for salvage yard stuff now also.

Uniqez

2018 Regal TourX Essence
Tried them all, no dice, the first one was a Chinese aftermarket deal. Cherry said they had one over the phone but when my shop called them it either wasn't the right one or wasn't actually in their warehouse.

I got another buddy that runs a shop in St. Louis, he's checking for salvage yard stuff now also.
Did you try lkqonline.com ?

Thundermtn

TourX
Thanks for that find! I guess I should have said Preferred. Need halogen and that one's a LED.

If I have to wait too much long for one to show up I would mis-matched the headlights so I'll keep that in the maybe file.

danzig997

TourX Essence
You might check Car-Part.com - Used Auto Parts Market

US $373.18 plus shipping Headlight Assembly - 2019 Buick Regal-Original part-halogen-left side

1595615357277.png

danzig997

TourX Essence
👍 North American localization :)

However, this is a cheaper option within the USA:

$325 2018 Headlight Assembly Buick Regal
halogen (opt T4A), LH

Special Way Auto Parts
7075 Lyndon St
Detroit, MI 48238
Open Monday - Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm | Saturday 9:00am to 3:00pm EST/EDT
Phone: 313-279-7700