Looking for Instant MPG gauge.

Boyntonstu

Buick Ownership
Encore
I traded in a 2016 Ford Focus. I love the ride in the Encore in comparison. However, I cannot locate the Instant MPG gauge that I am accustomed to. Average MPG is not quick enough to set my speed for best MPG. If it does not have and Instant MPG, I am very disappointed.

Boyntonstu

Buick Ownership
Encore
2019 "Fuel Economy The center displays the approximate instantaneous fuel economy as a number and bar graph. Displayed above the bar graph is a running average of fuel economy for the most recently travelled selected distance. Displayed below the bar graph is the best average fuel economy that has been achieved for the selected distance. The selected distance is displayed at the top of the page as “last xxx mi/km”. Press SET/CLR to select the distance or reset best value." I cannot find it. Do all trim levels have it?

NO! My entry level does not. Bummer!

Last edited:

kc8ufv

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore
If you have the information screen there on the 19, it should be there, but it might be turned off in the list. You can select if that's available by using the menu button on the side of the left stick. There'll be a settings function there where you can check different info screens to be available. I think the fuel economy one was initially turned off in mine.

Boyntonstu

Buick Ownership
Encore
If you have the information screen there on the 19, it should be there, but it might be turned off in the list. You can select if that's available by using the menu button on the side of the left stick. There'll be a settings function there where you can check different info screens to be available. I think the fuel economy one was initially turned off in mine.

What trim level?

Boyntonstu

Buick Ownership
Encore
Solved! Dealer unchecked the Instant MPG.

I am loving this Encore! We leased a pair of them.

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
What do you mean "unchecked the Instant MPG"?

Boyntonstu

Buick Ownership
Encore
There is a Menu check off and "gas economy" was unchecked. I hoped that this thread will help another owner.

ken-clifton

Buick Ownership
2018 Encore Premium
THANKS! Much appreciated -- I had been looking for where to turn this on for my 2018 Encore Premium. It was unchecked on mine as well. I will definitely make use of that display :)

Boyntonstu

Buick Ownership
Encore
Glad to help. I have fun with it as I go up hills and coast to the top. Also, on the HWY I can choose the best speed for Max MPG. My wife and love the Encore for its smooth quiet ride and for the seat height getting in/out without contortion.

kc8ufv

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore
Glad to help with the answer. I saw your question earler, but didn't have the login on my work computer.

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
Be sure and sign up at fuelly and track your overall mileage too. It's interesting.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!