looking for the name of the bottom clips for rear air shocks on 2002 Buick LeSabre. also where can I find replacements

scheidr

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi,

I have a 2002 Buick LeSabre.

I'm doing a rear air shock replacement.

I'm using MONROE MA822 shocks. If you watch the You Tube Videos they all tell you to watch out for the small thin clips that hold the bottom 10 mm screws on to the shock. The likely hood of breaking them is very high because they're so thin. Mine, of course, were so corroded that one was already in two pieces. I'm thinking they're cheap but for the life of me I can't find them on any Auto site. This is probably because I don't' know the proper name of them. I'm attaching the picture of the one that survived removal. If ANYONE knows what these are called and where I can find them I'd appreciate it. Again these are the clips found on the bottom of the shock that the bottom 10 mm screws are screwed on to.

THX in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
In the State of Florida, those flanged threaded clips can be found at stores such as Ace Hardware, Lowe’s or Home Depot. I am not sure if you have these stores or perhaps other hardware stores. Hope this helps.

scheidr

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'll look but this clip fits right on the bottom of the shock like it was made for it. I'm not sure if I can find that clip in a hardware store but at least it's a suggestion. Thanks! Anyone else? I'm still looking for the proper name of it.

Here's a link to one of the You Tube videos that talks about it. You can find the reference to the clip at the 2:33 mark. Here you can see where they actually sit on the shocks.

Irish

Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue, 2003 Buick Leabre Limited
The clips may make it easier to thread the bolts, but I have just replaced them with a hex nut and washers when they went bad and had no issues.

Deamer1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
They are called "speed nuts" Auto zone, Napa, about all auto parts stores carry them. They are metric sizes, example: A 2005 Buick Lesabre uses a M8-1.25 speed nut. (on the bottom of the rear shocks) Should you need the bolt, it would be a metric size M-1.25 x 55mm (Length) Hardware and Big Box stores carry them in different lengths.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.