Loosing coolant 2015 Encore

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
My Trax is leaking ever so slowly at the coolant feed pipe under the turbo. So I ordered these, all 3 pipes, the 2 coolant and oil feed pipe for $65 USd ( $87Cdn ) free shipping.

OZbxWLM.png

NotACarPerson

Buick Ownership
Encore
I repaired mine myself. There are 2 coolant fittings that screw into the top of the turbo. The aluminum pipe is pressed into the fitting AFTER the fittings are installed in the turbo. The fittings are 10 bucks apiece and if you clean the aluminum coolant lines where it PUSHES into the fitting, they will CLICK when they go in. I used 1500 grit sandpaper to shine mine up. The problem is when the coolant leaks there, the turbo sucks the pink coolant into the exhaust side if the turbo at the seam. The inside of the cat looked like pesto bismol. I soaked the cat overnight in dawn and warm water. Rinsed it out in the morning. Be advised to buy a new gasket for that turbo to cat joint. A small exhaust leak will throw a cat code when it’s only an $8 gasket. 2014 Encore with 47k miles. I tried to get mine into the stealership and finally gave up.
@Toddman622 where did you get the parts to fix this yourself? Did you need a lift to get this done or was it a slide under the car situation?
Let me know I do not want to be paying these ridiculous prices from the dealership.
Thanks!

Sissy D.

Buick Ownership
2018 Encore
It would be interesting to see what the point of failure is. Is it the hose itself that is breaking down due to being in close proximity to the hot turbo? Or is the problem with clamping of the hose to the hard line?

Does anyone have the part number for the specific hose from their service record?

I do wonder whether gm has upgraded this hose in more recent model years....

Jeff
I'm guessing probably not. I'm driving a 2018 Encore with less than 25,000 miles. I've just scheduled my second trip to the local dealership for a coolant leak. Didn't realize there was an issue until I saw smoke coming from the hood while I was sitting in the parked car. They didn't find the leak the first time. Can't wait to see what happens Monday.

u600213

Springfield MO
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
2014 Encore with only12,500 miles. Had low coolant in plastic resorvoir and anti-freeze smell in cabin. Dealer found and replaced turbo coolant lines and oil return. Warranty , no charge. Bumper to bumper warranty expires in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• 20200107_154237.jpg
    20200107_154237.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 21

pkwitt213

Buick Ownership
Encore
2014 Encore with only12,500 miles. Had low coolant in plastic resorvoir and anti-freeze smell in cabin. Dealer found and replaced turbo coolant lines and oil return. Warranty , no charge. Bumper to bumper warranty expires in a couple weeks.
You were lucky! mine has same problem with 33K on it and dealer quoted me $850! of course hoses are not covered!

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Encore
I had my 2013 Encore repaired on 1/25/19. Part numbers used for repair were 25199813 - Connector 3.374 (qty. - 2), 55568031 - Pipe 3.374 (qty. - 1), 55567067 - Pipe 3.374 (qty. - 1). $90.71 for parts, $507.50 for labor. Pulled car out of garage today (1/28/19) coolant again leaking onto garage floor. So frustrating to have to deal with this issue - but still wonder how many other people have the same issue but as coolant hits catalytic convertor and is burned off, do not know they have an issue?
I just took mine to the shop yesterday and they want 700.00. 2017 Buick Encore. They said it is not covered under warranty

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
I just took mine to the shop yesterday and they want 700.00. 2017 Buick Encore. They said it is not covered under warranty

Wait, 2017? Do you also have a 2019? Also, did they say why it's not covered? Do you have more than 60k miles on it already?

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Encore
Wait, 2017? Do you also have a 2019? Also, did they say why it's not covered? Do you have more than 60k miles on it already?
I have 63,000 miles and it is a 2017. The hoses are not covered under warranty. I did call the Buick number on Gmail and they are supposed to call me back... We shall see. It seems like Buick has a problem with the design. There is an awful lot of people on here with the same problem. I know my title or whatever says 2019 but I couldn't figure out how to change it

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
I have 63,000 miles and it is a 2017. The hoses are not covered under warranty. I did call the Buick number on Gmail and they are supposed to call me back... We shall see. It seems like Buick has a problem with the design. There is an awful lot of people on here with the same problem. I know my title or whatever says 2019 but I couldn't figure out how to change it

Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully they will give you a good will extension since you are only 3k miles over.

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Encore
I hope so. Everything helps!!

Thank you to this Forum because I called Buick and $500.00 was put toward my repairs and credited to warranty! I only paid $156.00 and only because I called Buick directly!!! Thank You DOCBrown

Unhappy Buick owner

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick encore
Has anyone every had to make this repair twice. Mine is at 64,000 miles and having to replace the hoses because of coolant leaking. I like the car but I don't want to have to make this repair every couple of years. I have only had the car for 2 years.
I have a 2015 Buick encore
Since I've had it nothing but issues with an un known coolant leak . Repair cost me 1100 to replace the fittings to the turbo line at 53,000 miles. 15 months later now the top fittings to turbo has a small leak . Ridiculous. Car has 75, 000 miles on it now and these repairs are just never ending .still have 2 years of payments.
car was sold in Tucson az
Iam now wondering if they are lemons. Buick needs to Have a recall on this .

Get your turbo buick badge right here!