Loosing coolant 2015 Encore

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
Mine leaked for a year, I kept adding coolant to the reservoir. Ordered all the parts to repair this and during the parts delivery time it stopped leaking. Now I have to wait for it to start leaking again to see where it actually leaks from. Happy it stopped but still a small pain in the proverbial A$$.

Tim H

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Encore
Did any of you notice coolant on the ground when you found the return line for the turbo was leaking, or were you just losing coolant. I was working on my daughter’s 2013 encore and after I was done test driving it found coolant on the ground. It looked like it was coming from just in front of the oil pan towards the driver’s side of the motor. I’ve already repaired two leaks, one coming out of the overflow reservoir and one coming from the manifold just below the reservoir. Is it likely that this current leak is coming from the turbo?

G-418786

Check to see if your turbocharger is leaking coolant. I had this problem. It took 4 visits to different service department to find this. Finally one department put it up on the lift and took the time to inspect the area around the turbocharger very closely. You would see areas where the coolant dripped and then dried on a hot area under the hood. Hard to find but a service department that goes the extra mile should find it.
I just had the leaking water pump replaced, $800. 2015 Model driven by a timid 20yo, 44k miles. If the coolant lines and turbo create the same problem, good-bye GM.

zrexrich

Washougal, Washington
Buick Ownership
Encore
I had to add some coolant to my 2019 with a bit over 25K miles. The level was halfway between empty and the full mark on the reservior. No leaks have been detected. I called the delearship, mentioned the reservior was low, that I had added coolant but found no evidence of a leak. I did mention this thread. They want me to wait until the level drops again and NOT add any coolant before scheduling a appointment to have it looked at. They also said if no leak is found I would be charged for their time even though the car is still under warranty! Sounds to me like the dealer is feeding me some b.s.? Have any of you been told you'd have to pay for diagnosis under warranty?

Again

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
You may want to add on tablet to your system. It doesn't contaminate your coolant and will seal any small leak. I added one to my Trax's coolant system and it did the trick. Other solution was $300 to replace the $20 turbo coolant line.

Screenshot 2020-12-27 08.13.16.png

2020-09-20 14.26.07.jpg

Again

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
Not 1 tablet. It is a GM product just follow directions, it isn't designed to seal a rock puncture. After several hours of running mine stopped leaking, I agree that it's not a fix but my mechanic told me, even replacing the tube and seals is no guaranty it will fix the leak, so that's why he suggested trying this first.

MDEEZY

Buick Ownership
Encore
2013 Encore - sounds like same issues as everyone with the Coolant leak.
Me too. 2013 Encore with coolant going low, then it leaked onto garage floor, then back to low coolant levels. Took to mechanic and replaced the thermostat housing assembly and the water outlet assembly...$900. It's still losing coolant.

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Me too. 2013 Encore with coolant going low, then it leaked onto garage floor, then back to low coolant levels. Took to mechanic and replaced the thermostat housing assembly and the water outlet assembly...$900. It's still losing coolant.
Take it back and make them fix it right. You paid for it.

Riz

Buick Ownership
2017 Encore AWD
I had the same issue on a 2017 with 40K miles. Dealer couldn't find anything two separate times. Then a few months, after my second try with the dealer, while driving down the expressway the turbo failed completely and I could only go 50 mph as I limped to the dealer again. Once the money light comes on the dealer gets out the parts cannon but until then, they don't care. This has been my experience with GM for some time. It was covered under warranty but the frustration of working with incompetent dealers is beyond frustrating.

G-834757

Check to see if your turbocharger is leaking coolant. I had this problem. It took 4 visits to different service department to find this. Finally one department put it up on the lift and took the time to inspect the area around the turbocharger very closely. You would see areas where the coolant dripped and then dried on a hot area under the hood. Hard to find but a service department that goes the extra mile should find it.
how much were your repairs?

poncho167

Buick Ownership
2019 Essence
I had the same issue on a 2017 with 40K miles. Dealer couldn't find anything two separate times. Then a few months, after my second try with the dealer, while driving down the expressway the turbo failed completely and I could only go 50 mph as I limped to the dealer again. Once the money light comes on the dealer gets out the parts cannon but until then, they don't care. This has been my experience with GM for some time. It was covered under warranty but the frustration of working with incompetent dealers is beyond frustrating.
Though it has been years, my experience of working at both foreign and domestic dealers is the same thing. I wouldn't call it a GM thing at all, it is the reality of the industry unless you own a high end car.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!