• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

lost air condition...

oomonte

Buick Ownership
Buick
2nd time losing air con. the first came back after couple restarts. but this time its been a couple days. anyone else had this happen to them?

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05
My air conditioner decided to go out yesterday. Wonder if there is a TSB or something out about the air conditioner. Plan on taking it to the dealer Tuesday.

SteveCZ

Buick Ownership
Buick
So do you mean it just acts non responsive to your inputs for the auto climate control / fan settings or ?

Mine did it today, had it set to 72, it was 48 outside, heat came on, got to about 88 in the car (felt that way, LOL), turned knob to 68, nothing, turned to Lo, fan spun up, but came out defroster and heater (floor), pushed button for vents, fan turned off. Seems like some gear that adjusts the venting gets mucked up or off kilter. Its going in for a flaky heated seat on Wednesday, and the clunk in the front passenger suspension. Have them check that then too (if it still acts up).

oomonte

Buick Ownership
Buick
seems like the fan settings change but not the temp.

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
The air conditioning in this car is strange. I have similar issues. Also noticed that the fan will turn itself to low when a Bluetooth call comes in so you can talk and hear. I thought it was broken at first but it's consistent and will turn back up by itself when you hang up.

The heat cranks if I put it on defrost (amber button). If I switch it to the center, top, or floor buttons and dont change the temp, it's a lot cooler.

I'm starting to get used to it and don't really think anything is wrong...it's just the way it is supposed to work.

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05
No opening at the dealer today. Made an appointment tomorrow at 1:00pm but this afternoon everything seems to be working fine. Turned the air down as low as it will go and it got very cold. Turned the heat up after and it got very warm. So I'm going to cancel the appt.

laloggia what you describe is normal for me as well.

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05
Changed my mind and kept my appt. The dealer didn't find anything wrong. The mechanic said if there is a question about if the a/c is working properly to turn the temperature down to where the reading says Lo. This is a manual bypass that will only blow cold air. If it doesn't then they have something to work with.

Pedal Commander