• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Low beam issue...…...

george_ionita

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi,

My both left and right low beam light do not work any more.
I bought new low beams from Autozone, but still the low beam lights do not work.
So I believe that something else is wrong (maybe the fuse).
Has somebody experience this problem?

SD73

Buick Ownership
2006 Buick LaCrosse CX
That's a pretty common issue. There was a recall for it as well. You are basically correct though. It is a relay that's bad. Replace #35 in the under hood fuse box or take it to the dealer to check to see if they're still honoring that recall notice as we're probably over the 10 year mark for those sorts of things. If you have to buy a new relay get the revised one or do what I did and find one at the junkyard. You'd have to check the interchange, but a few other cars of that vintage got the same replacement part too.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
That's a pretty common issue. There was a recall for it as well. You are basically correct though. It is a relay that's bad. Replace #35 in the under hood fuse box or take it to the dealer to check to see if they're still honoring that recall notice as we're probably over the 10 year mark for those sorts of things. If you have to buy a new relay get the revised one or do what I did and find one at the junkyard. You'd have to check the interchange, but a few other cars of that vintage got the same replacement part too.
Recalls dont have a time limitation - what year car you talking about?

george_ionita

Buick Ownership
Buick
SD73,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
It is a 2006 Buick Lacrosse CX, 3.8L. You sure the dealer would fix it?
Great info, I will follow your advice.

Regards

Last edited:

SD73

Buick Ownership
2006 Buick LaCrosse CX
I'd say it's worth checking with the dealer at a minimum. You could do a little research and find the recall notice number and call in the service department to check. The brand new part is a little pricey. Over a hundred bucks from what I recall so if you can get it on their dime it's a win.

george_ionita

Buick Ownership
Buick
I called Shelton Buick GMC Rochester Hills.
They told me that my car (they have my 2006 Buick Lacrosse in their records) has not been registered for any recall.
To find out what's going on with my car's low beams they asked 125$...………………...

george_ionita

Buick Ownership
Buick
Buick LaCrosse Recalls

There are currently 21 recalls for your vehicle.
NHTSA Vehicle Safety Recalls

• Recall Number

15V519000

Recall Date

08/14/2015

Component

EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS

Summary

General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix, 2006-2009 Buick LaCrosse, 2006-2007 Buick Rainier, Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT, GMC Envoy XL, 2006-2008 Isuzu Ascender, and Saab 9-7x vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the headlamp driver module (HDM) may overheat and fail, causing the headlamps and daytime running lights to not illuminate.

Consequence

Headlamps that do not illuminate reduce the driver's ability to see the roadway and reduce the vehicle's visibility to oncoming vehicles, both of which increase the risk of a vehicle crash.

What Owners Should Do

GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the HDM, free of charge. The recall began on May 17, 2016. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300 or Pontiac customer service at 1-800-762-2737. GM's number for this recall is 14291.

SD73

Buick Ownership
2006 Buick LaCrosse CX
Glad you were able to dig that up. I'm looking forward to hearing how the dealer helps you.

george_ionita

Buick Ownership
Buick
It didn't!
A lot of other people confirm about that recall, but in my case, I have been denied.

They told me that my car is recorded in their system with no recall.
But you were right about the problem: I replaced the relay and everything is fine now!
Also, I found the same info on the internet:

Thank you again for your help.
With 29$ (that's the cost of the reply at O'reilly0 I fixed the problem!
1573944841667.png

SD73

Buick Ownership
2006 Buick LaCrosse CX
That's too bad they didn't honor the recall. I can't see how your car wasn't in the system. And obviously you had the bad part. It does sound like at the price you paid you got the original design relay and not the replacement model. Those are substantially more and one of the better reasons to get the dealer to pay for it. In any case, I'm sure you'll be motoring happily for years to come and just remember that guys tip about the high beams if you do encounter this again.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
Seems like the dealer didn't want to bother with it. I might have tried another one. Glad it was fixed for only $29 at any rate; just hope the aftermarket part holds up.

oldschool

Barrie, Ont
Buick Ownership
'03 Buick LeSabre, '07 Allure CXL
SD73, What tip about high beams are you talking about? My low beams failed last night. Might go to dealer and see if it can be fixed under recall. Or might see if the high beam harness can be plugged into the low beam lights.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
SD73, What tip about high beams are you talking about? My low beams failed last night. Might go to dealer and see if it can be fixed under recall. Or might see if the high beam harness can be plugged into the low beam lights.
If there are even separate high beam lamps, the connections will be different. They can be plugged in with modification perhaps but the dealer probably wouldn't as this may cause an inspection failure. Might be simpler to just have it fixed right.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
Based on the above video I think I'll go buy a new relay and replace it. Not going to waste my time at the dealer.
Someone said they fixed it for $29 at Autozone or O'Reilly's or somewhere but it's not an OEM part. I would prefer a factory part for something like that but depends on price somewhat too I guess; just hate to use made in China for important electrical parts. If there's a recall it's probably worth looking into but the guy who replaced his for $29 said they never found it for his year.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
And the seatbelt recall on my other car. I must have over 100 notifications, I collect them. Not concerned living in ME, mild temps and low Humidities. Ford never cared about first 3 or 4 years I had the car (’13 Boss 302) and my understanding they botch things up removing steering wheel and now passenger side too. Did research on them and new ones are probably even worse......

Pedal Commander