Lowered TourX?

Thread starter #1

BMDHauler

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Has anyone had experience or thoughts about lowering the TourX back to 'normal' height or lower? I won't be offroading, and my dogs would be grateful.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
It's doubtful anybody has come out with lowering springs. If the spring is variable coil design, the ends are a different diameter than the center, you cannt cut the coil either. For the dogs carry around a small one step plastic stool.

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
I'm flying to Germany in four weeks, and I'll be looking for aftermarket performance parts while I'm there...

FWIW, I'm thinking of going with bigger-than-OEM tires to close some of the dead-cat space. I went from 225/55-17s to 235/55-17s on our Outback, and it was a big improvement.

kmingis

Sustaining Member
RI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX (Essence)
Has anyone had experience or thoughts about lowering the TourX back to 'normal' height or lower? I won't be offroading, and my dogs would be grateful.
In case it helps as you look into this, I have two dogs -- a 75-pound lab and a 50-pound mutt -- and just carted them in my TourX up and down the East Coast (from RI to NC and back in a week, with multiple rest stops along the way). The TourX is pretty low as it is. I had NO issues getting them into the back of the wagon, and it's tons easier than lifting them into my previous vehicle, an Edge Sport. Truth be told, the TourX doesn't feel like it's lifted at all. I can report that the material in the cargo area holds dog hair like velcro.

IL
Buick Ownership
none
I just saw a TourX on display outside Costco. Honestly, it looks like it may actually be about the same ground clearance and wheel gap , if not less, than my 2003 Infiniti I35.

Actually, just checked and I35 ground clearance is listed at 6.3" vs. TourX listed at 5.8" so there you go. As another point of comparison, 2018 Camry is listed at 5.7"

Michael Wells

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
In case it helps as you look into this, I have two dogs -- a 75-pound lab and a 50-pound mutt -- and just carted them in my TourX up and down the East Coast (from RI to NC and back in a week, with multiple rest stops along the way). The TourX is pretty low as it is. I had NO issues getting them into the back of the wagon, and it's tons easier than lifting them into my previous vehicle, an Edge Sport. Truth be told, the TourX doesn't feel like it's lifted at all. I can report that the material in the cargo area holds dog hair like velcro.
Canvasback Custom Cargo Liners Canvasback Could possibly help out with the dog hair problem. I bought a set for my wife’s Ford Flex eight years ago and they hold up very well to abuse!

Last edited:

kmingis

Sustaining Member
RI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX (Essence)
Canvasback Custom Cargo Liners Canvasback Could possibly help out with the dog hair problem. I bought a set for my wife’s Ford Flex eight years ago and they hold up very well to abuse!
Thanks, Michael. I'll take a look!

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
I'm in Germany now. I started to look at go-fast parts, but then buying a TourX was such a PITA (see my other posts), I kind of gave up and agreed to buy my parents' used Forester. (TourX next year.)

Anyway, like somebody else said, the TourX is NOT tall (not like an Outback), and you don't want to lower it unless you like scraping on driveways and speed bumps...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.