Lucerene inside door handle/panel

MarkB

Buick Ownership
2010 Lucerne CXL
Hi, I have a 2010 Lucerne CXL.

I've already replaced the outside driver door handle a few years ago. However recently the inside driver door handle became a bit loose. So I asked the dealer about it, they opened it up and said they didn't make the part anymore. They gave me part # 29838174, which I could not locate online.

Dealer said there was a linkage that they tried to fit some washers on, near a little worn out plastic part, but that it wouldn't hold, so I would need to get a whole panel.

It looks like there are several pieces in the panel, but I guess just getting a complete panel from a junkyard, and then letting a mechanic salvage from it is the best way to fix this?
Is it possible an independent mechanic could fix this without a replacement panel?

I'm going to ask the mechanic at Buick to take a picture of the specific part in the manual and send it to me, so at least I know what to ask for at the junkyard. It seems getting
a whole panel is a bit overkill.

I'm hoping the handle will hold out for awhile, and that I can just roll down
the window and use the outside handle if it fails before I can find the part.

Can I get any Lucerne from 2006 to 2011 for the pieces to fit?
I'm assuming that I won't have to change the locks for this project.

Thanks for any advice,

Mark

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Mark here's some diagrams on the door which help, that part# must be unique as it's not showing up on most of the site I tried.
0508254H10-044.png0508254H10-045.png1009274H14-059.png

MarkB

Buick Ownership
2010 Lucerne CXL
Thanks! I will get a copy of these to the Buick mechanic and try to pin down exactly what I need.

MarkB

Buick Ownership
2010 Lucerne CXL
Update on Buick Lucerne 2010 'inner door panel'.

I dropped off a copy of the graphics with an SASE and a letter requesting the mechanic identify the needed part. He circled the needed part, and mailed it back quickly.

The part is number 11 on the last graphic, in the previous post.
Looks like the 'inner door handle'.

Originally the service guy at dealership said that I needed the whole 'inner door panel', and that it was unavailable.

The 'inner door *handle' can be bought on Amazon Prime for $30. There are some complaints on Amazon about the durability, but at least it is available. Also parts person at Buick was unsure about which years were compatible. I called two dealers and got the same unsureness.
Wonder why GM has people leave their customer base and head to Honda or Toyota? Some of it is just handling the databases and part availability. Plus, I had 'Car Shield' insurance, and the dealer said he 'wouldn't honor that policy because he had to stay on hold too long'. He later got in touch with them and cooperated, but
I didn't get a lot of helpful attitude. Just sort of a 'brush off'.

Rockauto dot com also has handles, 'inside door handle cable' and 'inner door assembly' for the Lucerne. I also found an 'inner door panel' at a junkyard for $130, which I might buy anyway for future use.

In addition, parts guy at dealership gave me the 'compatible' part numbers, of which I could find none.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Thanks for following up and unfortunately you are not alone in finding out about GM direct parts are starting to become MIA on the Lucerne. It will be spending more time finding the part, Amazon, Ebay or scrap yards then the actual repair lol.

MarkB

Buick Ownership
2010 Lucerne CXL
I just talked to one of the guys at a national networked junkyard about the
'inside door panel'. He said he had the panel, but it was 'plain' and didn't
have any buttons or door handles on it. The 'inside door handle' comes
with the *door. He has some doors in stock that have the door handle
and linkages connected to it. Totally reverse what the Buick dealer service rep told me,
but sort of matches what the mechanic circled on the exploded diagram.
Oh well. I like the car, and am considering getting a Focus as backup
car and just keeping this one for nostalgia, since it was made in Detroit.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
It's one of those problems that if it's not a emergency repair and time to source sometimes you can get deal along with some surplus parts. What one vendor was asking for just a part another had the entire assembly for the same price.