• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Lucerne is on fire!

Liberty Buick #!

New River, AZ
We are selling the Lucernes as fast as they are coming in! We sold over 50 in March and it is the CXL V-6 that is selling. Everyone that has bought one has been extreamly happy with the car and the ride. :)

Mr. Brownstone

Michigan
Buick Ownership
None at this time, just work on them.
We have sold quite a few as well. We only had 1 V8 come in though, that one sold. People are trading in their LaCrosses for these things. The seem to be built rather tight. Only issues we have had so far, are sagging headliners in the rear and a couple dicked up outside door handles. There is a recall on them right now for the V8's, something about a power steering hose. They are not to be sold until they are repaired.

Liberty Buick #!

New River, AZ
I got a Black CSX sitting right outside my office window for you! 18" chrome wheels! Hot looking car. We had a another Black CXS we sold that had a wing on the back and 20" wheels. That car was real hot!

Portholes

One suggestion

Rember the old "Where's the beef?" ad? Well, where's the darn rear wheel drive? In the 80s the buick went the wrong way with those front wheel drives (okay, the GN style body being the exception), not to mention the digital gauges. It took Daimler to bring Chrysler back on track with a real American car setup: power and RWD. Just my 2c.

reality1

Buick Newbie
Buffman said:
cool :) Glad to see they're selling. I like the looks of them :)
Just hit 3000 miles on the Lucerne. Drivers Seat will burn your butt and the LEDs for the Heated/Cooled Seats are hard to see in the daytime.

Gets about 19 mpg highway so far.

A nice car.

Jim

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
Re: One suggestion

When I read the title.. "Lucerne is on fire!" I was hoping it was mine.
Sorry for posting in such an old thread.

markfnc

Johnston County, NC
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
They are a good looking car. I 1st sat in one at the Intl Auto Show in Raleigh. V8 leather seats. The leather was the smoothest I felt in the show (Ford King Ranch edition truck, also very nice leather). The car was solid feeling. I would love to have one, but will continue to like my LaCrosse.

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Re: One suggestion

What's wrong? You don't like your Lucerne?
No, not at all, when compared to my 2000 LeSabre. (wife's car now)
The car has been back for numerous warrenty issues, whereas the LeSabre
has never been back to the dealer in 7 years except for routine maintenance.
The ride on the Lucerne is like an old 60s car with belted tires, even though it has top of the line Michelines. The options are not as good, the memory seats
don't function like the LeSabre, mileage is less, CDs rattle in the 6 CD changer , pulls to the right (LeSabre does not over the same road), driver door creaks, dash illumination almost invisible on sunny days, gas peddle vibration, etc. etc. As for looks, if I wanted a European looking car, I would have bought one.
I have owned GMs (mainly Buicks) for 30 years. This is my last, and my last domestic product..

polarzak

Buick Ownership
They are a good looking car. I 1st sat in one at the Intl Auto Show in Raleigh. V8 leather seats. The leather was the smoothest I felt in the show (Ford King Ranch edition truck, also very nice leather). The car was solid feeling. I would love to have one, but will continue to like my LaCrosse.
Yes, nice leather, however that quickly goes out of your mind, when you are doing 70 mph and the car is shaking so much, all you can think about is "Will I make it home alive". The LaCrosse is a much better car (I drove one), better designed and thought out.

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now

polarzak

Buick Ownership
The Lucerne is a far more sophisticated car than the LeSabre was..
Sophisticated?? I really laughed out loud when I read your remark. Just because it is is built on a Cadillac platform? Please advise what make it more sophisticated than the LeSabre?

No heads up display.
Easy Exit seat does not control the seat back, as it does in the LeSabre.
No passenger door mirror dimming.
No light in the engine compartment.
No lock for the trunk. (already had mine back for a defective release motor)
StabiliTrak only available on the CXS model (I have the CXL)
Gas gauge in the Lucerne is all over the place
LeSabre 28 mpg, Lucerne 25 mpg according to the DIC (same engine/trans)
Lucerne ride is terrible over 50 mph, Lesabre (7 years old) beautiful over the same road.
I could go on and on......

Just because the Lucerne has a European body, doesn't make it sophisticated. If you have not heard complaints from other Lucerne owners, I can only conclude they drove 1964 Volkswagon beetles prior to purchasing. Check out the Internet for Lucerne vibration and you will see there are a host of unhappy owners. People who have had door handles fall off in their hands, side molding fall partically off and drag on the road, V8 mounts coming loose, etc .etc. And this is sophistication? As far as I am concerned, the Lucerne is a downgraded LeSabra, with perhaps an upgraded body design. As far a options are concerned, with the exception of the MP3 plug in the radio, they are not upgraded.

Perhaps you are a dealer, and if so, I can understand your support for this nightmare. My dealer tells me he has sold a lot of Lucernes, yet I have only seen one on the road in three months, and I have driven several of the north eastern States and two Canadian provinces. I think GM tried to utilize the good name of Lucerne, Switzerland, but ended up with a dumb and cheap US food store brand.

Lexus here I come, and good bye GM forever.

Oh, and please, point out the sophistication to me.
Thanks.

missouri 3

missouri
i live in a town of 17,000. today i saw at least ten lucernes. i guess where you live they must be in the dealership getting fixed. this board has very little input, because we are happy with our cars. i am not a dealer, a'm just happy with my car. for what this car has to offer and at the price of a lexus there is no comparison. good luck with what you buy, but i,m happy:headbang:

polarzak

Buick Ownership
i live in a town of 17,000. today i saw at least ten lucernes. i guess where you live they must be in the dealership getting fixed. this board has very little input, because we are happy with our cars. i am not a dealer, a'm just happy with my car. for what this car has to offer and at the price of a lexus there is no comparison. good luck with what you buy, but i,m happy:headbang:
I live in a city of 2 million, and I have only seen two. A black one and a white one where I park at work. I really want to talk to that owner but we seem to work different hours.

If everyone is happy with their Lucernes, there don't seem to be many who
will post to defend it. ???

Since you are in the "Show me" state, I hope your don't get shown. Perhaps you have a good Lucerne, and I hope things don't deteroriate as the miles add up. I really wish I was as happy as you appear to be. When I first bought the car I was like a giddy kid at the circus, now the ice cream has fallen out of my cone into dog poop. This weekend I checked out a Lexus GS350. All I can say is you get what you pay for, and I don't mind at all paying.

prostock53

Alabama
I had the first Lucerne in my city of 275,000 and did not see another one for 6 months. I got it in Dec 05 and have had no problems. I never thought I would own a Buick (old man's car) until the Lucerne CXS. $10,000 cheaper than a base Cadillac DTS. Everyone is different and that is why there are so many choices when it comes to buying things. I have had so many compliments on it and I am still very happy with mine. Now I see a Lucerne every day. I still have not seen a Crimson Pearl with Ebony interior and a rear spolier like mine yet and hope I don't. Sorry to here your Lucerne is not up to your expectations.

jase386

5.7L LT1 Member
polarzak was your car rough riding when you test drove it?

are you sure its not those michelin tires causing the rough ride and pulling, i had a set of michelins go bad on a minivan, they still looked good and had plenty of tread, but made my chrysler van ride like a 2 wheeled cart. and pull hard to the left. then i rotated the tires and it started pulling to the right... i put a different brand tires on, and PRAISES, she rides like new again. with nothing else changed, but the tires.
also have a 2000 lesabre with a host of little problems, but until 3 weeks ago, she rode like an 18 wheeler. had cheap dealership tires on it, since i bought it used. i put some goodyear regatta 2's on it, and it made all the difference in the world.

they may be top of the line, but could still cause your vibration and pulling.

and most cars with digital instrument clusters are hard to see in the daytime.. our mercury is hell in the bright sun.... anyway, just a thought. sorry you dont like your car. i thought they were ugly when they came out, but theyre growing on me.

Turbo Buick Badge