Lucerne Spare Tire

gchette

Buick Ownership
Buick
I purchased my '06 Lucerne used and for one reason or another it didn't come with a spare. Now I'm looking at replacing it and I'm wondering if the spare tire will is meant to accommodate a full size spare or a donut? I would assume based on the size of the car it would be a full size spare, but I wanted to double check.

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
The spare tire well will only accommodate the small "donut" spare.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BLC PAC

Buick Ownership
Lucerne
Have owned E type, mustang, full sized Ford. etc. Donut tires were a bad idea to begin with. Have had to modify all cars to compensate for "air headed" "conveniences".If tire will fit well laterally, shim the cover, put tools in water proof bag and store at rear of. trunk. Better yet-buy a good spanner and electric jack and store them at rear of trunk. Store old tools in garage or trunk in case I resale

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Just a FYI it's a 10 year old post. But if non OEM wheels are used then original lug nuts should be stored with the spare. Also noted leak issues from rear bumper patch, just something to check.
pic-4109839323157606199-1600x1200.jpeg

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners