• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Lucerne Tires

Blue Heaven

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Looking to see what brand and style of tires folks have installed on a 2006-2008 Buick Lucerne. What were the results; satisfied or not and why. Thanks. Blue Heaven

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
Not sure what rims size has to do with a recommendation for tires???? Anyway, my choice is for Micheline tires.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Not all tire types and style are available in all rim sizes and a tire manufacturers name is not a recommendation, besides what is a Micheline, is that a French Canadian brand? Or is it like Goodyeer, BF Gooditch or Fyerstone.

Currently running BF Goodrich G Force Comp 2 A/S 235/55ZR17, which have preformed well in all weather conditions, handle smoothly and quite at highway speeds plus.

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
Not all tire types and style are available in all rim sizes and a tire manufacturers name is not a recommendation, besides what is a Micheline, is that a French Canadian brand? Or is it like Goodyeer, BF Gooditch or Fyerstone.

Currently running BF Goodrich G Force Comp 2 A/S 235/55ZR17, which have preformed well in all weather conditions, handle smoothly and quite at highway speeds plus.
What a small mind but thanks for letting me occupy it so much. I was past that little spat we had, but it appears you still love me. The poster was simply looking for brands, and while some do not make tires for certain rim sizes, would you in your all knowing mind, know what to recommend based on his rim size? No you didn't. Just your recommendation. Did I catch you in a mistake. Reading 101? They were simply asking for recommendations. I am so sorry I spelled my recommendation incorrectly, but anyone except a nit picking idiot would know what I meant. You pretend on this site to be the Lucerne know-it-all, and you do help people, but you have a very thin skin. Just remeber kiddo, I have forgotten more about automobile mechanics than you will ever achieve. As usual, don't bother to reply, I will not read it as I am sure it will be childish in nature..

ironllama

Barrie, ON
Buick Ownership
2008 Buick Lucerne cx
What a small mind but thanks for letting me occupy it so much. I was past that little spat we had, but it appears you still love me. The poster was simply looking for brands, and while some do not make tires for certain rim sizes, would you in your all knowing mind, know what to recommend based on his rim size? No you didn't. Just your recommendation. Did I catch you in a mistake. Reading 101? They were simply asking for recommendations. I am so sorry I spelled my recommendation incorrectly, but anyone except a nit picking idiot would know what I meant. You pretend on this site to be the Lucerne know-it-all, and you do help people, but you have a very thin skin. Just remeber kiddo, I have forgotten more about automobile mechanics than you will ever achieve. As usual, don't bother to reply, I will not read it as I am sure it will be childish in nature..
I really don't want to leave this forum now.. :D

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Buick had 16, 17 and 18 inch stock wheels so size does matter as the ride quality will also be affected in the sidewall width. Also in case you don't remember Michelin makes more than one type of tire, you know like Buick makes more than one type of vehicle. You are correct that you have forgotten more, much more like the OP statement "What were the results; satisfied or not and why", but a simple mind that is forgetful that can only give simple answers "Micheline" and a special LOL.

AnsonJ

Fishers, IN
Buick Ownership
2010 Buick Lucerne
I have Kelly tires on mine. they are garbage.

They were brand new when I bought the car in 2016, so no reason to change them out... I figure I have a year left in them and then onto some Continentals. (I have had good luck with those on a 2009 Charger that I had...

AJ

vanwitt

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a '09 with the 3.9 liter. I have, in the last few months, installed
GOODYEAR ASSURANCE COMFORTRED TOURING. Two rebates from Tirerack made them also the cheapest, er, least expensive. That's the tire model that came on the car it when we bought the car. They are smooth, quiet, and more than acceptable in winter with ABS.

Dan Fahey

Buick Ownership
2010 Buick Lucern CXL

Run similar tire on 1997 Bonneville.
They grip well in all weather.
My number one concern.