2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
As this vehicle was never to be a project well one thing lead to another and at this point it's complete for updates and upgrades. The Lucerne is not a car for the aftermarket parts and even some of those are in question by the manufacturer if they would work so the challenge was in finding parts and if they actually would work. The goal was to remain stock in appearance, retaining the good components while replacing the parts that would be considered weak in performance, handling and driving environment.

The upgrade list:

Tinted windows, Smoked tint headlights, Perforated vinyl taillights, LED headlights, LED taillights, LED backup lights, Aftermarket painted wheels, Blacked out grill, Brake rotors and pads upgrades, Rear brake calipers painted, Stainless steel brake lines, Stainless steel fuel and EVAP lines, Debadged body, VCIM Bluetooth, SAT / NAV upgrade, Rear door panels and speakers added, Rear deck speakers upgrade, Front door speakers upgrade, Crossover rear speakers, Backup camera, Backup camera mirror, Wood and leather steering wheel, Rear seat armrest fill, Door latch covers, Rear seat 12v port, Buick trunk interior light, Shifter console and knob, Front power log exhaust manifold, Rear power log exhaust manifold, Ceramic crossover pipe, Intake manifold coated, ZZP Intake manifold runner, ZZP coils, ZZP highlift rocker arms, ZZP aluminum valve covers, Shock tower brace GM, Front sway bar GM HD, Rear sway bar GM HD, Rear control arms MOOG HD, Front struts KYB, Rear shocks ACDelco F41.

PSX_20160619_225524.jpg

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Update, the ride is firmed up and the body roll is dramatically reduced. Parts have had a few weeks to settle with the struts, shocks and rear control arms last items to be installed.

The vehicle goes where it's pointed, turns, curves and lane changes are predictable, highway speeds are flat and comfortable, back unpopulated country roads had no unpleasant ride quality. It is firm, not rough but if looking for that float type of ride then I wouldn't recommend the upgrade.

rbOH

Buick Ownership
2011 Lucerne CXL
What did you use for brake pads and how did they work out?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
I used Brakemotive and working fine with no issues 3+ years with less than 12K. In the first month I found out how well they worked on a full binder stop at 45 mph to 0, not recommended testing process having vehicles pulling out in front of you to try brake testing.

But I'm not sure if I would recommend them now as Brakemotive seems to be maybe selling different products and appears to have problems with delivered parts, wrong ones, missing, not responding to customers, etc you get the idea.

I got them after reading reviews on the Corvette forums as those owners are a little more OCD on aftermarket products and have no problem saying if they are good or crap.

I may look at PowerStop as the next set for the front, but it will be awhile before it's a concern LOL

Get your turbo buick badge right here!