• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Luno Life Cargo Mattress

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I stumbled across these mattresses and wanted one immediately. They'd be perfect for multi-day road trips where hotels aren't always convenient or in the budget. Unfortunately, they don't offer them for the Sportback or TourX yet.

Are there any other custom fit solutions like this?

I know you TourX folks can just throw a twin size in there for half the price and call it a day, but I appreciate these purpose built mattresses. Head to their website to request support: Luno Life

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
There are some camping ones that work well, that I have used. The ones that are super compact and you can blow up without a pump. They aren't tailored to the car, but for for their intended purpose. Actually, similar to what was posted above it looks like.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
A camping pad sounds like a good idea since it will give you more head room vs and inflatable mattress. But one thing to keep in mind is that some of these camping mattresses are loud. Usually it is the ultralight ones that have a crinkly fabric so a double wide isn't likely to have it but you may not want to buy sight unseen. Or just make sure returns are easy.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Thanks for the recommendations. After thinking about it some more, it does make sense to have one of the universal air pads. I could get much more use out of the air pad (road trips-car, camping-tent, spare bed-floor, etc.) vs. just in car use with the mattress. I am sure it would work in other scenarios but an air pad is more suitable. Headroom is a valid concern in the Sportback. More measuring and research to follow...

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Wlepse, you are exactly right! The one I have is an ultralight and it is on the noisy side. I found that putting a soft material sheet over it helps immensely, should you find one that works, that is noisy. The best part for me is being able to inflate it without any motors/pumps, as it is built in.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Update: After messaging Luno Life about support, they sent me a fitment form to fill out that captured key dimensions in the cargo area. I took the needed measurements and submitted the form.

They have one that fits! I was mistaken in my original post, they don't make them custom fit each vehicle application. There are a couple different sizes that fit a wide variety of vehicles.

I might pull the trigger...

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Interesting! What do the sportbacks measure in length, from back of front seats to trunk?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Interesting! What do the sportbacks measure in length, from back of front seats to trunk?
With my seat in the driving position to suit my 6'3" height, there's still 6'2" (74") from the seat back to trunk. If I save the Driver 2 preset to the most forward position, I should have plenty of room.

For reference, here is the form they provided to me to fill out in order to confirm compatibility as well as all of my other measurements. Note the two different mattress sizes. Mattress B might fit the TourX pretty well.

Regal Sportback GS Measurements
Top Width: 53"
Full Length: 74"
Bottom Width: 40"
Top Length: 25"/34" (depending on how the measurement is taken)
1564491976471.png

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
With my seat in the driving position to suit my 6'3" height, there's still 6'2" (74") from the seat back to trunk. If I save the Driver 2 preset to the most forward position, I should have plenty of room.

For reference, here is the form they provided to me to fill out in order to confirm compatibility as well as all of my other measurements. Note the two different mattress sizes. Mattress B might fit the TourX pretty well.

Regal Sportback GS Measurements
Top Width: 53"
Full Length: 74"
Bottom Width: 40"
Top Length: 25"/34" (depending on how the measurement is taken)
View attachment 17195
Thanks for sharing. I would imagine the TX has around 80 inches back there. I'll have to throw out a tape and see what it shows. It would certainly be cool to have something to sleep on for a long trip, that might require sleeping at a rest stop or something. I wonder how big it is when not being used? I think that might be the biggest advantage to the camping pad I have, with its minuscule amount of space it occupies when not in use.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
According to their website, it packs into a 24" x 10" carry case. Not tiny by any means but if you can leave the large tent at home it might be worth it.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I opted to give the Luno Life mattress a go. The kit comes with the mattress, two base extenders that go between the front and rear seats, two repair patches, a 12V air pump, and a drawstring carry bag w/ sling made of heavy canvas. The mattress and base extender material is thick and soft to the touch. They call it Oxford Nylon.
IMG_20190805_162650__01.jpg
IMG_20190805_162831.jpg

Setting the mattress up was a pretty simple operation. I left both of the front seats in their normal positions with the exception of the driver seat, which I tilted forward completely. Just the two extenders inflated:
IMG_20190805_170800.jpg

The pump cord is long enough to reach the back. It has plenty of juice and inflates everything in less than 5 minutes. The pump also has the ability to deflate, making teardown quick as well.
IMG_20190805_184001.jpg

One nice feature of the mattress is its split air chambers. If only half of the mattress is needed, or there's a bunch of cargo, just inflate one side. Not so practical if there are two people...
IMG_20190805_170504.jpg
IMG_20190805_170029.jpg
IMG_20190805_170547.jpg
IMG_20190805_165621__01.jpg

Overall fit is very good. There's only one place that isn't perfect but it's nothing to really worry about. It's a little too wide between the outside seat foam and seat belt areas that don't move with the rear seat as shown here:
IMG_20190805_170110.jpg

From a durability standpoint, they seem very tough. I unintentionally closed the deflated mattress between the rear seat latch and the white exposed frame latch area in the above picture. When I realized what I did, I thought for sure that I punctured the mattress but it was barely even scratched. No patches needed on day one... 😂

So how is it? I am able to stretch out completely and comfortably. Furthermore, the mattress is thick enough that I don't bottom out laying on my side. Even with the cargo cover, there's enough room for me to roll over.

I'll be taking it on a three night road trip this weekend. Hopefully it's as comfortable to sleep on as it seems to be. I'm curious to see if it meets my expectations in the real world test.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
I opted to give the Luno Life mattress a go. The kit comes with the mattress, two base extenders that go between the front and rear seats, two repair patches, a 12V air pump, and a drawstring carry bag w/ sling made of heavy canvas. The mattress and base extender material is thick and soft to the touch. They call it Oxford Nylon.
View attachment 17354
View attachment 17355

Setting the mattress up was a pretty simple operation. I left both of the front seats in their normal positions with the exception of the driver seat, which I tilted forward completely. Just the two extenders inflated:
View attachment 17356

The pump cord is long enough to reach the back. It has plenty of juice and inflates everything in less than 5 minutes. The pump also has the ability to deflate, making teardown quick as well.
View attachment 17370

One nice feature of the mattress is its split air chambers. If only half of the mattress is needed, or there's a bunch of cargo, just inflate one side. Not so practical if there are two people...
View attachment 17357
View attachment 17358
View attachment 17359
View attachment 17360

Overall fit is very good. There's only one place that isn't perfect but it's nothing to really worry about. It's a little too wide between the outside seat foam and seat belt areas that don't move with the rear seat as shown here:
View attachment 17368

From a durability standpoint, they seem very tough. I unintentionally closed the deflated mattress between the rear seat latch and the white exposed frame latch area in the above picture. When I realized what I did, I thought for sure that I punctured the mattress but it was barely even scratched. No patches needed on day one... 😂

So how is it? I am able to stretch out completely and comfortably. Furthermore, the mattress is thick enough that I don't bottom out laying on my side. Even with the cargo cover, there's enough room for me to roll over.

I'll be taking it on a three night road trip this weekend. Hopefully it's as comfortable to sleep on as it seems to be. I'm curious to see if it meets my expectations in the real world test.
Thanks for the update, man. I was eyeballing these but wanted to see someone else get them first :LOL:

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I had a chance to use the mattress a couple times over a long road trip around Michigan's lower peninsula. At night, temps dropped into the upper 50s and I slept through the whole night. It's very comfy. I also found that a twin size fitted sheet is the perfect size to cover one half or both mattresses.

The windows didn't fog so there was no need to crack the windows.

Unrelated, but if the car is off and locked, do not open the door from the inside. The horn and hi-pitched wail of the alarm was not pleasant as I fumbled for the key fob at 5AM in my tired and hungover stupor. I am sure everyone else at the campsite appreciated the wake-up call too 🤦‍♂️

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Thanks for the follow up. But you mentioned you were hungover. This topic came up the other day at work, if you are being sensible and sleeping off your buzz you need to make sure your keys are in the trunk or outside the vehicle. With a TourX there is no trunk and leaving the key on a tire doesn't necessarily mean you can't start the vehicle and get a ticket for drunk driving. So what is the recommended plan?

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Thanks for the follow up. But you mentioned you were hungover. This topic came up the other day at work, if you are being sensible and sleeping off your buzz you need to make sure your keys are in the trunk or outside the vehicle. With a TourX there is no trunk and leaving the key on a tire doesn't necessarily mean you can't start the vehicle and get a ticket for drunk driving. So what is the recommended plan?
Under the hood lol?

sophiaedward64

Buick Ownership
honda 2016
You know what, I am also using this mattress for a long trip, and it is really good to get one as it is portable and easy to carry. I bought my one from Nest Bedding Coupons at Reecoupons, from where you bought your one?

Pedal Commander