• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Magnaflow Cat Back on a GS?

EnderWiggin

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Other than the tip difference, has anyone tried this kit on a GS? They claim their resonator is 2.5", but isn't the GS a 3" all the way back? Sounded good to me, shame GMPP doesn't do anything for this car (and the Verano T for that matter).

RegalGSLover

Buick Ownership
Buick
Not sure what would be the point other than increasing the sound level.

I was very pleasantly surprised how well designed the Regal GS exhaust is from the factory. High flowing and very quiet.

EnderWiggin

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
I was under the impression that the stock mufflers were restrictive. What about precat, i.e. down pipe etc?

zinner

Buick Ownership
Buick
3 inch pipe would be to big and annoying loud

jamyzd30

Buick Ownership
Buick
Magnaflow does not make a cat back to fit the GS. I wish they did but as far as I know they are not planning on it. The factory exhaust for GS is 3 inch so it would be a downgrade to go to 2.5

Obviously everyone has their own preference to sound quality. I personally think the GS is way too quiet. Putting on the catless DP changes the sound but not as much as I expected. I think some people have cut off mufflers and ran straight pipes; maybe they have removed resonator and replaced with a borla. I don't know if running straight pipes improved performance or not. Ask Kranz...I am sure that cutting off the giant mufflers at least removed a little weight anyways.

nap6561

Rochester, NY
Buick Ownership
Buick
Do not spend 800+ bucks on their system. My GS is straight piped from the resonator back and is perfectly streetable our exhaust is already 3" back to the Y pipe. Then it cuts down to a smaller diameter. Ever wonder why the throttle response in your GS is horrid? Cut your exhaust at the Y pipe, buy a 3" y pipe and straight pipe it to the tips. The throttle response difference will be immediately noticable. These motors are super bassy with my set up. You might not gain any power per se but the improvement in sound and drivability were well worth the effort. Total cost? Less than 100 bucks, a few beers for my buds and a rented MIG welder. Save yourself the money and get under the car . Yes it drones a bit but thats the trade you make for a louder angrier tone.

nap6561

Rochester, NY
Buick Ownership
Buick
Forgot to mention: you cut out those mufflers? Congrats! Youve just removed roughly 65lb from your car! Simplify and add lightness. And yes our exhaust is 3inch. If you dont believe me get under the damn car and measure for yourself. The srock exhaust does NOT flow well. Whoever thinks that horrid muffler arrangement was a good design has never seen a well designed system. The backpressure added softens the response in this motor in an unacceptable manner.

Pedal Commander